Voting

Arthur Wellington

I may have misread or misunderstood but, why are the votes of 'alliance representatives' a thing? If this is an actual thing a few follow up questions,

1. Which alliances?

2. Which people exactly?

3. Why these alliances?

4. Why these people?

5. Why is this listed first and not the OWF vote?

6. Can these votes be complelty seperate next year so not to mix anything up?

7. Better yet, next year, don't have a separate vote, one person, one vote?

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, Arthur Wellington said:

I may have misread or misunderstood but, why are the votes of 'alliance representatives' a thing? If this is an actual thing a few follow up questions,

1. Which alliances?

2. Which people exactly?

3. Why these alliances?

4. Why these people?

5. Why is this listed first and not the OWF vote?

6. Can these votes be complelty seperate next year so not to mix anything up?

7. Better yet, next year, don't have a separate vote, one person, one vote?

It started back under me, actually. I ran the awards when it was owf voting, but it became a popularity contest. So I closed off voting until after during the NEXT awards that I ran. Since then others have taken it over(Never again) and made the process way simpler and easier.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

1 hour ago, Kastor said:

It started back under me, actually. I ran the awards when it was owf voting, but it became a popularity contest. So I closed off voting until after during the NEXT awards that I ran. Since then others have taken it over(Never again) and made the process way simpler and easier.

Thanks for the reply. Really was wondering. The results show a lot of work put into them (thx for that, Indger, Adrienne, Vas and Putmir, I do enjoy it), and I've asked before why Alex doesn't make it into ingame rewards anymore. I still wonder why the alliance reps (can't find who they are) come before the general population or why the awards wouldn't be a popularity contest?

Edited by Arthur Wellington

Dear OP, 
For your information, clicking this link 
https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/topic/36594-2023-pw-academy-awards/ will take you to the page for the 2023 academy awards. Some information found on the linked page has been hidden under hidden contents panels, which will reveal more information about how the awards work and how votes are divided.

For your convenience: 

• The top 60 alliances with the highest scores that are not an offshore, training alliance, or a sister alliance will qualify for a vote.

• If a war is still occurring when qualifying alliances are selected, the top 60 qualifying alliances from both before the war and during it will be included for the sake of fairness, which means more than 60 alliances may initially qualify to vote.
    Alliances outside of the top 60 highest scores and want to participate should DM a member of the organizing committee on discord for more information.

• Alliances cannot nominate nor vote for themselves. 
    Alliance representatives do not have to be the leader of an alliance but they do have to belong to the alliance they represent. They may be any member of the alliance that the alliance deems an adequate representative. This member may also not be on the Organising Committee for the Academy Awards.

• Alliance representatives are encouraged to consult with the remainder of their alliance's gov (and/or membership) when nominating and/or voting.

• Alliance representatives will receive their own channel on the Awards discord, in which a passcode will be shared. This passcode serves as a safeguard against the document leaking and will need to be included on their ballot in order for their nominations/votes to count.

Edited by John M Keynes
  • Thanks 1

676912258_galaxybrain.webp.5c1275f9a627f0a3b84e6f73d163a6c5.webp

My opinion may not reflect those of my alliance or its affiliates. Please read at your own discretion.

The simple answer seems to be to avoid mob rule and let the more knowledgeable and experienced members of the Orbis community filter out the irrelevant or troll responses

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2016/04/26 –

mIjXiMx.gif

Unreleased Bad Company advert, circa 2018

If the last post is correct then the question should be, which people out of the potential 120 actually did vote? Aren't there more then 120 non-mob people? And out of all the votes, can't we assume that mostly the forum active people are already actually engaged in PnW politics  enough to have a 'full' vote? I bet, for example, that in the top 7 alliances (1000+ members) at least 100 are very engaged and knowledgeable.

Edit,

My fundamental objection is that while a small select group may enjoy this it makes an already small game dependant on the community for a big part of its gameplay even more select. 

Edited by Arthur Wellington