[Anniversary] Way More than 9 Lives

Hatebi

7 hours ago, Fine said:

Do what you want cuz a pirate is free, you are a pirate!

Happy anniversary!

oh that is beautiful speech, i have a tear coming down.

why is you so jolly my NGGA???

Shout outs:

Ogaden - Founder, leader, originator. Pioneer of Paperless, philosopher of piracy, set the tone for not only Arrgh but for PnW becoming a very different game than CN was. A lot of people don't remember or never played CN but a lot of PnW culture (and game mechanics) are a direct result of wanting to move away from CN status quo.

Jacob Hansen - the OG successor to Ogaden's mythical founding. Carried the alliance forward from a philosopher's dream into a reality. Pushed early Arrgh through its baby years and held it all together when it could've easily turned into anything but the de facto raiding alliance that it is today.

Buck Turgidson, CCT, and IM317 - The Yarr Boys, the keepers of booty, and the gears that kept Arrgh turning for so many years. Arrgh literally could not have functioned these nine years without a safe and trustworthy set of bankers.

Tywin Lannister - the original whale, shattered so many growth records from raiding gains that he won the game and dipped out pretty early. Set the tone for what a great raider could accomplish.

DragonK, Keza Purple, Warpool, Shadow, and many others of the middle-era that kept the flame alive through raiding nerfs and admin bias against raiding.

Bluebear - the man/myth/legend and probably longest serving Arrgh leader. Bluebear held Arrgh together through slow times and fast times, and has always held an enthusiasm for piracy that few have ever matched. Truly a lynchpin of the community.

Zim/Swedge/Mars/Shutter/NastyGamer/Vali/Murtaza - The originals from when I really got started in Arrgh. My OG lineup of Admirals and Commodores. Many a night spent in voicechats, DM's, and general chat with these boys.

Ripper - the name speaks for itself. Really revived Arrgh's popular perception during his time, another great raider singularly unmatched in tenacity. Miss him in this game.

Pascal - though not in Arrgh long, still an honorable mention

Aya - Really got to know you in Arrgh and glad I did, pretty chill person under the reputation

Raoul Duke - Did try to kill Arrgh, but was just a pained soul in the end. Not a bad dude when it came down to it.

Vilktakis - No clue who you were when you started, but by the end you were as great a pirate as any.

Blackbeard/Ainz/REAL - you guys were just great raiders, didn't cause much of an uproar, legit boys.

Vicic / TheDoom - you guys rekindled my passion for raiding and I had a genuine blast running the upper tiers with you guys. You guys also put Arrgh back onto the map in terms of solid numbers compared to other raiders with theDoom even passing Dryad's long-held #1 spot.

Sam Cooper - No one has done more for Arrgh in the last few years than you bro. You modernized the AA, turned it from a backwater hangout into a solid raiding group again, and now have even taked the #1 money looted spot for yourself. You're pretty quiet but I'll sing your praises good sir, you're going into the pirate history books for sure.

Hatebi - You're a radioactive treasure, a terror of infra-holders everywhere.

Potato - You kept the chat active at all times, good or bad. lol.

There are so many more names to put on this list but I'm already posting a huge wall of text (again) so I'll wrap it up by saying happy birthday Arrgh, here's to another nine years of enjoying the game for what it is - in our genuine, pirate way!

Arrgh!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1