Game Development Discussion: Perks

Village

• Developer
11 hours ago, Kosta said:

I appreciate it. But I won't hold my breath. 

Achievements, push notifications, and the tutorial are already on the test server and I'm working on tariffs right now soo. 🤷‍♂️

Also in general for everyone else, I'm reading all the feedback I'm just not responding individually since I'm going to forward it to the team who decided the particulars of individual perks and we'll get it sorted out. :)

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Borg said:

> The limit of every type of non-military improvement is increased by 1 in your capital city
> Your capital city can construct an additional improvement 

The first allows you to build 1 more of every type of non-military improvement (i.e. 2 subways, 7 supermarkets, etc.), but does not actually give you more improvement space. 

The second allows you to build 1 more improvement (so if you have 1500 infra in your capital city, you can build 31 improvements instead of 30). 

• Upvote 1

> Improved Reconissance:  Gather intelligence also reveals a nation's selected perks.

Taking this to mean that perks are private, that seems like another situation like with private spies where bots can gather information that's not possible to get for humans. If the last 30 missiles a nation used hit people with ID with none of them being blocked, they probably have the perk for that! A large portion of these perks can be found using similar techniques, or just aren't hidden at all. Making perks public seems best, especially considering it's not obvious why they should be private: you can look at the rest of a player's build, why not this?

• Upvote 2

I like the concept and the fact that it forces choices rather than just allowing everyone to busy up everything, but some of the perks list good, some just ok, and some are kinda lame/dumb tbh.  The perks list will need some work, particularly the level 1 stuff that would get deployed first.

• Village unpinned this topic
On 8/24/2023 at 5:14 PM, Adam II said:

The idea is cool and I like it, but some of these perks are just not very good. 

1. Nations can construct an additional nuke each day for every 100 nuclear power plants they have

Although this would be OP, barely anyone has 100 npps. That's 2 npps in 50 cities.

You mean you don't have 106 NPP's?