RoH - Manners Are Free, Use Them Mayhem

Rageproject

Good job on standing up against the bullying. Macros often engage in such acts, especially towards smaller alliances.

It's beyond me why they see a need to be that way towards new alliances for no reason at all lol

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

image.png.53cb39df314b30232b410b94801b6f72.png

1 minute ago, The Titan said:

Of course it's a Camelot splinter that blows things way out of proportion.

First off, The High Table was the initial aggressor in this conflict. They declared a simple raid on our protectorate - Ignis Aternum - which is really an alliance that will be launched post ODOO/Friends-Rose war. Primarily consisting of ex-Imperium and ex-Order nations we have worked with in the past. 

Said initial war in question:
https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=1782458

We had just days ago loaned Ignis Aternum around $250M to get them started. It was pretty annoying when The High Table came along and got in the way of that. We countered the initial war https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=1782669 with the one Mayhem nation in range. (An issue we had been trying to fix with our investment into Ignis in the first place).

I reached out to The High Table government at this point regarding a simple peace with the standard reps which would've all been paid to Ignis. I did, as stated in Rageproject's original post, misread the report and get the damages backwards. Which - is something I immediately fixed. Rageproject claimed he was not going to pay for the counter which added ~$5m in damages. He stated the reason being that we "didn't have to counter" and that they weren't at fault since said original High Table nation had already been asked to peace. 

image.png.4364eff893123c4848941126ae808a8b.png

RageProject immediately escalated the narrative when bringing up a separate situation with a much more peaceful resolution that occurred at an earlier date:
image.png

For additional context, Firefly Militia is an unprotected sub-50 micro. A couple of our members decided to have fun and were able to pull a little loot, since they were fully armed but without targets in the global conflict. The alliance was completely open by our raid rules. However - when their alliance leadership reached out and opened a much more friendly dialogue, we peaced the wars anyway.

Point being (long TL:DR):

1. The High Table did declare the initial raid
  2. Mayhem countered for Ignis as a protectorate would be expected to do so
  3. Mayhem reached out to The High Table for a small $ value in war reparations
  4. The High Table immediately responded by making accusations of "countering counters" in an unrelated raiding incident, which was in fact concluded on good terms with Firefly Militia
  5. Mayhem then followed the practice of countering nations actually in our range at this point
  6. RageProject did reach out with an offer to simply peace - I countered by saying we'll see wars through to beige or he can pay the new updated reps sum of including the new wars
  7. He said he didn't want to pay reps - so I told him we'll simply continue out with existing wars and then be on our way. At which point THT declared additional wars on Mayhem and Ignis, thereby escalating this to the point we see now.

Instructions unclear got my micro rolled instead

• Haha 1

As mentioned above, it is sadly not uncommon for larger alliances to push over smaller ones, which is why it wouldn't be hard for an alliance to pretend like that's the case which is what it looks like here.

Unfortunately for The High Table, Mayhem brought their proof and from the looks of the war declarations, merely countered the members of THT they had in range.

Edited by Fine and dandy
  • Upvote 1

Engager in Aristocracy.
Pure Capitalistic intent.
Spierdalaj.

Sorry but points 6 and 7 are false… There was no indication of peace once upon the conclusion of any wars currently being declared on Mayhem’s behalf (as the screenshot below shows).

Fact remains that rather than engage in more dialogue, you chose to escalate a singular raid because I pointed out your attitude and tone was unnecessary — since when I did so, you stopped responding and 6 wars were declared as “Counters - out of range”. 

8983FBF8-BAA5-4D0A-86A9-CB277D551D41.jpeg

• Haha 1

Just now, Rageproject said:

Sorry but points 6 and 7 are false… There was no indication of peace once upon the conclusion of any wars currently being declared on Mayhem’s behalf (as the screenshot below shows).

Fact remains that rather than engage in more dialogue, you chose to escalate a singular raid because I pointed out your attitude and tone was unnecessary — since when I did so, you stopped responding and 6 wars were declared as “Counters - out of range”. 

They are... Counters? Do people usually hit you over and over again when counters end? You poor thing, I genuinely thought it would be understood that we had planned to just go home after the fact, again, as is standard for counters. Your boy MAGA over there dropped more loot than Ignis took in damages anyway. 

You were the one who came here and blew it up into a full on war. So now it may continue escalating especially as you continue declaring wars.

I'll take note that if we ever interact in the future I need to spell everything out for you. I hear you're from CN? Is that how stuff works over there?

3 hours ago, Kiloist II said:

Idk how yet, but I’m blaming Tevron

Tevron is puppeting this whole war

• Downvote 1

Peace in our time

45 minutes ago, The Titan said:

Tevron is puppeting this whole war

That's not unreasonable to assume. He is the mastermind behind it all.

Kurultai Council for The Golden Horde

Grand Master of The Witcher Order

Sovereign of the Most Noble Order of the Forgotten Sun

Order of the Northern Lights

2 hours ago, Rageproject said:

Without knowing what’s going on beyond what’s been said here; checking someone for their “tone” when they are much stronger then you is never a wise move. The simple solution would have been to simply pay $7M and be done with this if HT did start this whole thing even by accident. Def not taking any side of this debate but it sounds like this was escalated far beyond it needed and now no matter what Mayam has to respond to this escalation over what appears to be a single raid and $7M requested reps. However this pans out hopefully it’s worth it. 

• 2 weeks later...