[Alliance Update] Sowing the Right Seeds

Alan

Your MA changes are distinctly odd. I know that, if I am not at war and somebody decides to even do a gather intel operation against me, they are doing it for a reason; probably to see what I have on hand for a potential future raid. Spy attacks are, in my opinion, an act of war...and I've been in the position of being caught doing them myself. If your members are getting a bunch of them it's time to worry.

• Upvote 5

36 minutes ago, namukara said:

Your MA changes are distinctly odd. I know that, if I am not at war and somebody decides to even do a gather intel operation against me, they are doing it for a reason; probably to see what I have on hand for a potential future raid. Spy attacks are, in my opinion, an act of war...and I've been in the position of being caught doing them myself. If your members are getting a bunch of them it's time to worry.

Way I see it is that is kind of odd, but guess Aurora War made them want to be more flexible to avoid fighting. I didn't even realize we were at war until the end though, got one war in at least. (Someone is killing my spies, I'll hit them if I can.)

Way I see it is yes raiders take a risk & an alliance can decide if how far they want to take the war or not.

Edited by Anarchist Empire

34 minutes ago, namukara said:

We've been "chastised" by many alliances by countering spy-ops against us.

The change is not in favor of our members but as a means to better relations with these top alliances.

A game dies without a community.
Don't hate on the communities trying to grow.
Eat them instead.

Also realize I declared a war on you before the end, nothing personal though. Just raids against the end was the deal I guess. (Personally don't dislike you for trying to stick up for yourselves. I don't think we were wrong either, both were willing to take the damage I guess. Many alliances dont' care about inactive inapplicant raids, some decide to turn it into full out war. If they want to risk we take.)

If I was an alliance leader and somoene raided an inactive apllicant would depend on my mood if I wanted to turn it into full war or let it slide; whether I want to fight the alliance or not I guess. Bare minimum the excuse is there to fight back if willing to take the damage. So rather we not be portrayed as complaining for you fighting us. It was a fight and ended. So be it. If raiding an inactive applicant or inactive on an AA without permission, good to measure up the alliance if worth it if they decide to take it all the way. Sometimes doesn't matter if they do, not sure if it did in this case.)

Haven't been back from dead long, but not holding any grudges; but feel Aurora is headed upward. We should fear no one, but not have pointless grudges. Still getting a clear picture of who should and shouldn't be seen as potential allies or not. Fight us over an inactive applicant raid, we should fight back and willing to take any damage from it. Anyone who declares on us, we fight back. My thoughts. (Losing some infra, who cares? Some do, but I don't.) Me beating you up a round some doesn't mean I think you should make your policies into complete pushovers. Personally I consider someone spy killing more aggressive than raiding an inactive applicant.

(If I was a pirate and you announce it's fine to spy your nations, would probably look for really high loot targets worth any blowback. So probably better to be silent on your policy there than tell people they can. lo.)

Edited by Anarchist Empire

5 hours ago, Alan said:

The change is not in favor of our members but as a means to better relations with these top alliances.

Find better people to take notice of. 'Top' alliances have a habit of looking out for their own interests 99 % of the time, though I'm sure youknow this all to well.

On 6/6/2023 at 9:01 PM, Alan said:

So, your plan is to resort to general apathy in the hopes that these alliances have the good will to "punish" their own members?

Seems a bit of a silly approach to me and announcing it to the world is just going to invite more negative consequences to your members in the area of espionage as well as making yourself less useful as an ally come wartime.

• Upvote 1

forumsign.PNG