New City Improvements

Dullard

New type of city improvements that basically convert manufactured resources into turn based money income. 

Example 

national train center- uses 1 gasoline per turn to produce 5 k money. 

all the amounts need to be worked out and id hapoy to to delve more into it, just wonder what everyone’s thinks of this. I think something needs to be down about the extreme glut of manufactured resources in the game right now and I think this is the perfect way to deal with this. 

this could also work as a function of commerce but in my opinion would be more difficult to implement.

Edited by Dullard
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Dullard changed the title to New City Improvements

I kind of disagree with this as it basically just promotes more inactivity. Because why the heck would you log on to sell what you're producing on the market when you can have an improvement that basically does it for you? Especially if it's giving you double what the resource is going for! (This is not considering the fact that you would have to weigh your time to sell versus using improvement slots for it.)

• Upvote 2

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

Setting a fixed price for resources exchanging risks derailing the market. 

I'm not opposed to increasing the cost of manu, and thus war, but war can already be a good sink for manufactured resources, so we could look at ways to encourage more fighting. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Borg said:

Setting a fixed price for resources exchanging risks derailing the market. 

I'm not opposed to increasing the cost of manu, and thus war, but war can already be a good sink for manufactured resources, so we could look at ways to encourage more fighting. 

I don’t look at it as setting a fixed price for a resource, but setting a minimum, as I said before all the numbers would be tweaked.

2 hours ago, cpennock said:

As a sultanate focused nation this is a good idea. There could be also something like international money exchange, which could give economic boosts depending on interaction with other nations. 

Define "interaction with other nations." What kind of economic boosts?

Federation of Knox

QA Team and API Team

not sure, maybe commendments could count as interacting with other nations and trading. So if a nation had international money exchanges and they get commended they could increase their economy, or during trades they could receive a bonus economy boost. 

2 hours ago, cpennock said:

not sure, maybe commendments could count as interacting with other nations and trading. So if a nation had international money exchanges and they get commended they could increase their economy, or during trades they could receive a bonus economy boost. 

I don't think that making commendations and denouncements matter in the game that much would be a good idea, just speaking from the perspective that most people just use commendations as a "Hey, cool nation" sort of thing, and making them (and denouncements in particular) matter that much would allow people to affect others' nations far too much.

Hello. I don't know what to put here right now.

I hope you're having a lovely day : )

So I just realised something.... So In a city Basically the only way to reduce pollution index that I know of is the recycling center and Subway system. Yet only 4 of those can be built total! There surely has to be more ways to reduce pollution index, or else the only way to have 0 pollution index in a large city is to get capped building infrastructure after something like 20 manufacturing infrastructures. 

1 hour ago, cpennock said:

So I just realised something.... So In a city Basically the only way to reduce pollution index that I know of is the recycling center and Subway system. Yet only 4 of those can be built total! There surely has to be more ways to reduce pollution index, or else the only way to have 0 pollution index in a large city is to get capped building infrastructure after something like 20 manufacturing infrastructures. 

There's the Recycling Center Initiative project that increases the amount of pollution reduction from recycling centers by 5 per center and makes it so you can create another center. Green Technologies project reduces manufacturing pollution by 25%, reduces farm pollution by 50%, and increases subway pollution reduction by 25.

You can also curb the effects of pollution (disease) with hospitals. Hospitals reduce disease by 2.5% and you can build 5 per city. There's also a project (Clinical Research Center) that increases disease reduction to 3.5% per hospital and allows you to build a sixth hospital in each city.

• Upvote 1

Federation of Knox

QA Team and API Team

• 1 month later...

3.PNG.081e519e92be2b304fb555ed44095cbe.PNG

YES!!! Finally someone that understands what good additions to the game are.

My issue is you have a project that takes $3k worth of Item A and converts it into $5K worth of Item B. Let's fix that by adding what this game is desperately missing, a resource sink.

Example:

New Category - Government/Facilities
All Buildings Require Power

Library (3 Max) - Reduces Disease & Crime by 1%
Upkeep 3 Lead/Day (for the pencils)
 3 Oil/Day (For the night oil)

Transfer Station (1 Max) - Keeps your City powered for 3 turns if you accidentally run out of fuel
Upkeep - 4 Oil/Day / 4 Iron/Day (only during use)

City Park (3 Max) - Each Park adds an additional 200 Land to each city.
Upkeep - X Food/Day 5 Coal/Day 5 Bauxite/Day

Senate (1 Max) - Reduces the cost of all Non Government/Facility Improvements by 25%
Upkeep -  150 Food/Day 5 of each Resource/Day

• Upvote 1

A game dies without a community.
Don't hate on the communities trying to grow.
Eat them instead.

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Library (3 Max) - Reduces Disease & Crime by 1%
Upkeep 3 Lead/Day (for the pencils)
 3 Oil/Day (For the night oil)

Sounds good except how can citizens read since there’s no school system?

Here is my proposed school system/money hole for city improvements

K-12 School - cost: 5,000 steel, 2,500 iron each - 1 school per 1,500 land in a city. 
Upkeep - 10 food and $50,000 per school each day. 
.25% decrease in commerce for each city with a school. Unlocks library (see above) and unlocks University after 12 Orbis years since purchase of schools. 
Raise government approval rating by 25% after first school installed. 

University - cost: 10,000 steel, 5,000 iron - 1 university per school in a city. 
Upkeep - 20 food and $100,000 per university each day. 
Reduces civil and commerce costs and upkeep costs by 1% in city with a university.
Reduces pollution by 10 points per university in a city. 
Reduce disease by 1% per university in a city
Raises government approval rating by 25% after first university installed.