Automatic Immense Triump Effect [War mechanics suggestion]

BelgiumFury

This is a simple suggestion: whenever you declare war on someone you will automatically gain the effect of an immense triumph for every category they do not have any units in (assuming that you in fact do).

Why?

• This could be an interesting way to boost raiding against very innactive stronger nations (eg free blockade).
  • This could be an interesting way to make actually blitzing without build up more viable (which would be interesting in my opinion; it wouldnt really give any strongadvantage against a well prepared opponent).
  • This could be an interesting way for people to cooperate more (for example if people keep one ship to prevent immediate blockades, you could work togheter with someone who decs, destorys the one ship and then you can dec yourself blockading them anyway).

That's all for now folks.

Edited by BelgiumFury
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

A) this is quite one sided favouring the attacker way more than the defender. I don't really believe that anything should be implemented which is so one sided

B) if person A is running 0050 and person B is running 5553 with minimum ground and naval units. He will automatically have ground control and a blockade. Person A will find it quite difficult to fight back.

For a c22 attacker and defender assuming that the defender has no ground units:

1: the defender loses 412 aircraft right of the bat

2: 1238 v 1650 1% chance of immense triumph

11% chance of moderate succes

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2022 at 10:08 PM, Sir Scarfalot said:

Actually, I think this idea has a little merit; the only thing it would realistically do is increase MMRs for anyone active enough to care.

This was the intended target of this change, fricking people who literally do !@#$ all and dont keep MMR during peace time. 
But i agree with others that the result on the war meta would be too big for the change to make sense.

3 hours ago, BelgiumFury said:

This was the intended target of this change, fricking people who literally do !@#$ all and dont keep MMR during peace time. 

I suppose I see your point, but then this forces everyone to have at least 1 of each military building in their MMR, which can reduce production/commerce and is frankly annoying. I'm not in favor of any game mechanic that would essentially force a certain MMR or a certain minimum MMR.

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team