Nukes and Missiles hidden like spies

Name Withheld

8 hours ago, Brother Jauffre said:

I think that your nukes and missiles should be hidden like spies and someone has to spy on you to see them

That is not an entirety bad idea, would make a bit of logical sense aswell. And might cause a bit more stockpiling then currently. But it does raise some issues, like nukes and misslis, unlike spies has an impact on score, it wouldn't take a whole lot of effort to program a bot to figure it out. We already have seen some bots that has shown some disturbing ability to figure out how many spies a nation had by simply loking at the procenties of different spy actions against said nation. 

It's why alex changed the procenty shown to be greater or lesser then 50%, even thought i am doubtfull that it worked completly. 

• Upvote 2

tenor (1).gif

23 hours ago, Brother Jauffre said:

I think that your nukes and missiles should be hidden like spies and someone has to spy on you to see them

Not a bad idea, but I feel like a successful intelligence gathering spy op should also be able to yield this info as it does with hidden spies. 

Nukes used to be, but as they add score it is very easy to calculate the exact number by subtracting all other score sources and counting whats left.

Spies are also easy to calculate with a very small margin of error.

On 2/19/2022 at 7:55 PM, Zim said:

It's why alex changed the procenty shown to be greater or lesser then 50%, even thought i am doubtfull that it worked completly. 

I think all that did was increase the margin of error in calculating slightly. Highest miscalc ive seen since the change was 2 off, and that was only once. Before I only saw 1 off very few times. 

On 2/20/2022 at 10:00 AM, Jacob Knox said:

My only question is: why? I can see why spies are hidden. But nukes and missiles? What's the point? (Genuinely curious.)

Setting aside that the visibility from score makes this all irrelevant here are a few benefits I see:

1. You wont be able to know who has the big stockpiles in an alliance your about to hit, so you do not the primary spy targets to wipe spies, pin them, and pop the rockets.

2. You wont know when someone has built a new missile or nuke that day, which cannot be destroyed. So even if you spy them and see only one rocket of that type, you wont know if they are protected the same way you can now if you see a new missile after they had none or used/lost the ones they had.

2-b. Bots/scripts wont be able to track them being built to know if some were built after a reset.

3. It means if they have the project they may have a huge stockpile until you prove otherwise. Acting as a deterrent or bluff.

Edited by Ukunaka
  • Like 1