Airstriking Ships Slight Rebalance

BelgiumFury

• 2 months later...

@Mohammad.badawy4 @Ezio Auditore da Firenze
Although you have the right to disagree (wouldn't want it any other way); would you both mind clarifying why you think this is a bad change?
Would you say ships are already strong enough (if so, why, they aren't really a part of the meta right?). If they aren't strong enough why not buff them?
Or maybe you guys do think they need a buff but this isn't the way, in which case, how should they be buffed?

Edited by BelgiumFury

If I'm not mistaken, ships are the only units which give a superiority that works across wars by preventing trading. And given how they take a long time to make, even someone with max ships and no planes attacking someone with no ships would still need atleast 1.5-2 days to break the war in a 1v1. If ships are ever buffed, it would need careful consideration before the plan goes live. 

8 hours ago, Majima Goro said:

If I'm not mistaken, ships are the only units which give a superiority that works across wars by preventing trading.

This is correct; the problem (in my opinion) is that ships are only really usefull in VIP settings or c35+s destroying infra once all units are dead. In usual alliance war dynamics ships aren't that relevant; they are a lame duck in the water.

1 hour ago, BelgiumFury said:

This is correct; the problem (in my opinion) is that ships are only really usefull in VIP settings or c35+s destroying infra once all units are dead. In usual alliance war dynamics ships aren't that relevant; they are a lame duck in the water.

Beige cycling does need a blockade usually. Blockades are very hard to break out of when you are getting cycled as well because the enemy has near max and you have atmost 45% with a double-buy.

9 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

What about changing fortified to allow ships to aid in defense?

i think it would be an itneresting idea; boosting ships and fortifying at the same time.
If you ask 3 maps (to fortify) to just let ships defend in air vs ships i'd make it a bit stronger than I proposed earlier though; to justify the maps.

On 3/15/2022 at 5:46 AM, BelgiumFury said:

@Mohammad.badawy4 @Ezio Auditore da Firenze
Although you have the right to disagree (wouldn't want it any other way); would you both mind clarifying why you think this is a bad change?
Would you say ships are already strong enough (if so, why, they aren't really a part of the meta right?). If they aren't strong enough why not buff them?
Or maybe you guys do think they need a buff but this isn't the way, in which case, how should they be buffed?

Ships need to be changed, but I dont like idea of adding an anti-air component to any other units, imo.

I think reduce massive amount of muni/gas they use and the infa they destroy, but add option to bombard troops/tanks. 

IF, you want ships to be invloved in airstrikes, make them count as aircraft (kinda like tanks in GB), but they cant sustain any losses unless targeted.