Credit Sell Limit (obsolete suggestion)

Uranato

I was buying credits for cheap and selling them at a higher rate in the in-game market for profits. However, the limit set to prevent players from using real-world money to buy a large amount of credits and sell them also applies to me, so now I'm stuck with several credits I have no use for for a month.

I suggest that instead of a sell limit on credits, there should be a limit on how many credits you can buy with real-world money (limit it to 10 or so). This will cover the credit redemption limit without affecting those who trade credits for profit.

If this already exists and the sell limit is there to prevent credits from being traded over 10 times per person, then apologies.

Edit (possible bug): I just tried putting my credits on sale one or two at a time to check how many I had left till the limit was reached, and this way I could put all of them on sale. If I withdraw my sales and then try to sell them again at once, then it shows the limit reached error message again. (They got removed after the limit was reached, so the bug doesn't actually affect the game.)

Edit #2 (bad suggestion): I talked on Discord for an explanation as to how this is a bad suggestion, and so take my suggestion back (limiting credits bought for IRL money hampers the game's revenue, which is unfair). However, I still don't see how flipping credits (buying and selling from buy and sell order respectively, without hoarding) is bad.

Edited by Uranato
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Imperon Curator Uranato

No, it won't cover the redemption limit, that's what the sell limit is for.

Wybwould buying credits count towards someone's limit? Explain in what galaxy that makes sense outside some thin justification for you to profit off it.

The sell limit exists because selling them to the market yields about 30-50% returns off redeeming it for cash directly, it's literally to stop people from flooding the market with credits for billions per month. That's how it works. 

You're not supposed to be merching credits for this reason. That, and their price is rather inflexible anyway.

If there was a limit to how many credits you can buy per month in the first place, there would be no flooding the market for billions.

You can trade other resources. Though granted, their price fluctuates a lot more, but it's still the same thing (buy cheap, sell dear).

Imperon Curator Uranato

8 hours ago, Uranato said:

I was buying credits for cheap and selling them at a higher rate in the in-game market for profits.

Its bad enough that you do that on the open market. Please don't make it so credits are unaffordable for noobs. 

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

11 hours ago, Uranato said:

I was buying credits for cheap and selling them at a higher rate in the in-game market for profits. However, the limit set to prevent players from using real-world money to buy a large amount of credits and sell them also applies to me, so now I'm stuck with several credits I have no use for for a month.

I suggest that instead of a sell limit on credits, there should be a limit on how many credits you can buy with real-world money (limit it to 10 or so). This will cover the credit redemption limit without affecting those who trade credits for profit.

If this already exists and the sell limit is there to prevent credits from being traded over 10 times per person, then apologies.

Edit (possible bug): I just tried putting my credits on sale one or two at a time to check how many I had left till the limit was reached, and this way I could put all of them on sale. If I withdraw my sales and then try to sell them again at once, then it shows the limit reached error message again. (They got removed after the limit was reached, so the bug doesn't actually affect the game.)

Leave the credit system as it is. 

15 hours ago, Uranato said:

Learn how to count to 10. Hth :)

Downloads.jpg.f8cec0ed86ab61876072ab7847b52f92.jpg

10 hours ago, Uranato said:

I don't see what wrong I'm doing - ? Isn't trading a valid method of profits?

@zigbigadorlou Edit: I buy from the market by posting a buy offer, and sell on the sell offers. I don't drive the sell prices up.

You are engaging in market manipulation which I have a personal vendetta against. I'm not sure why no one else has the same vendetta. 

Build infra, cities, and land. That is the valid method of profits 😡

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

1 hour ago, zigbigadorlou said:

You are engaging in market manipulation which I have a personal vendetta against. I'm not sure why no one else has the same vendetta. 

Me who has made millions of dollars and knows people who have made billions off brokering/trade flipping:

Edited by Nukey6
Wrong form of of/off

8 hours ago, Ramona said:

Learn how to count to 10. Hth :)

Learn to read. HTH :)

3 hours ago, zigbigadorlou said:

You have still not given any explanation whatsoever.

I would invite players to contribute something constructive other than "No. Bad. Learn to count. Market manipulation (no explanation, it just is!)." I am buying from the market, selling to the market. I don't see how that is "market manipulation" or "credit gouging".

Imperon Curator Uranato

• Uranato changed the title to Credit Sell Limit (obsolete suggestion)

When flipping credits you need to either be prepared to play long term markets or only buy enough to keep it under 10 sales/ month. 

Edited by Ukunaka