Is there a way to permanently disable a notification without changing any settings?

Greene

Every time I log into PW, I find myself informed that I have less than the recommended amount of military. I'm well aware of this fact, and I don't intend on raising my military any further just yet. I keep pressing the little X, but next time I log in, it's back. Is there a way to stop that notification from coming up without buying more military?

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

I also was really hoping there was a way to turn that off.

All Hail Lardbelly!  Lord of Digestion!  Conqueror of Quesadillas!  Ruler of Rotissierie!  Potentate of Pizza!  Future Irresponsible Wielder of Thermonuclear Weapons! 

Bring me your finest meats and cheeses or be nuked into so much radioactive grit!  You have been warned.....

The only other thing I might just do is since I use AdBlocker, I might just block that specific element, although then I wont see any notifications. Ah, oh well...

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

• Administrators

The point of the notification is that you're vulnerable to being attacked. New nations will join, not build ample militaries, and then get rolled. How do we prevent that? Annoy them with a little notification until they've got enough troops and tanks to protect themselves.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

15% Is a lot though, even during the war that happened I noticed some didn't have 15%. You shouldn't be trying to annoy anyone, and people certainly shouldn't have to get used to something that's annoying.

I've changed the limit to 12%, and originally it was 20%. 12% is a rather minimal miltary, but hopefully it will still be enough to help the inexperienced players.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Let's do some maths! (I have no idea how this will turn out but hey ho let's go).

I currently have 6 cities (125) and 6800 infra (340) which makes 465 score.

To get 12 percent military I would need a total of about 530 score. (65 more just from military).

At 6 cities I can get a maximum of 90k soldiers. Now I reckon max slots per city is a bit much just to be in the safe zone, (safe from random attacks) so let's say 3 per city is better, 54k soldiers, 27 score.

Tanks are over priced and not worth buying unless going into a difficult war, so let's skip them.

Aircraft, at 6 cities 100 is more than enough for 'protection' (I saw very few with over 100 in this recent war) so that's 20 score.

Ships the most I've seen at this level in war is 10, so you're safe to say 5 is adequate for protection. That's 7.5

So that's a pretty decent sized military I think anyone can agree, especially just for protection and without the intention to attack, and that is just 54 score, around 10%.

Thoughts?

T7Vrilp.png

Exactly! 10% is a pretty sizeable army for an at-peace nation. So maybe knock that warning/notification/annoyance down to 8%? If nations dont build up thats on them, and if I have to resort to using an adblocker to remove notifications then that means I'm going to be missing other notifications, possibly.

So again, if I have a notification why cant I just close it, and it stays gone? Or, if you really dont want it gone forever, have it stay gone for a week? I'd be fine closing that notification once a week, but its annoying (and not in a way that will make me buy more military) to have to do it every time I log in.

greene.png