What if...

McMelvin

1. What if we had a page that showed Global Statistics like the alliance stats but with pollution, average crime, average disease, average income, and a global growth chart.

2. What if pollution actually added up globally and we had events caused by global warming (due to a butt load of nations pumping coal emissions into the air) Stuff like droughts and floods (bigger cuts in food production)

3. What if we had water (don't kill my dreams I still believe)

Don't judge me, I was bored and was just thinking about some stuff...

1. like a page that you see when you click on the alliance with land, population,etc. with the things you'll see on a city page (crime, pollution etc.)

2.- you get it

3. Someone made a post about it no too long ago, I'll have to find the link

only one I really want to comment about is number 2 I think that would be a good idea but not from the simple stuff I think that  Nukes should be the only one to effect the global or  all nations living in that continent with hicks in Disease and a declined in food for about a week-month and it stacks with more nukes hitting the continent

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

1. What if we had a page that showed Global Statistics like the alliance stats but with pollution, average crime, average disease, average income, and a global growth chart.

2. What if pollution actually added up globally and we had events caused by global warming (due to a butt load of nations pumping coal emissions into the air) Stuff like droughts and floods (bigger cuts in food production)

3. What if we had water (don't kill my dreams I still believe)

1. If 2 is added, I'll support it

2. Would have to be average pollution per nation, since the game is growing. Still a good idea. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

I like the second idea. We need more things to bicker and go to war over.

That said, water is still a bad idea. It's a needless complication that doesn't add anything to the game

59a.gif

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.

But what's the real cost? ‘Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper.

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

What are your overheads?"

I like the second idea. We need more things to bicker and go to war over.

That said, water is still a bad idea. It's a needless complication that doesn't add anything to the game

Wouldn't it add something to bicker and go to war over?

hxvRjGK.jpg

Wouldn't it add something to bicker and go to war over?

No, it wouldn't.

Pollution is one thing. When you're pollution begins affecting my output and production, I'm going to have a problem with you. I'm going to be upset, we're going to get political, and we're going to find a solution one way or another.

If I don't have enough water, I'm just going to go to the market and buy some. It's just a useless hassle. It doesn't add anything, it just makes things more complicated.

59a.gif

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.

But what's the real cost? ‘Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper.

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

What are your overheads?"

Antartica could become a viable continent...

I think it would be hard to pinpoint the pollution culprits when everyone is doing pretty much the same stuff. Then again, destroying your natural enemies' stuff would have the side benefit of reducing pollution. So, it wouldn't make a good CB IMO.

Antartica could become a viable continent...

I think it would be hard to pinpoint the pollution culprits when everyone is doing pretty much the same stuff. Then again, destroying your natural enemies' stuff would have the side benefit of reducing pollution. So, it wouldn't make a good CB IMO.

Well, pollution index is shown on everyone's nation, so it's not a hidden thing. So maybe when looking through the "nations" tab where it says "in category," there could be put an option for pollution. So those with the highest pollution numbers could be found out pretty easily, and the other nations could..... convince...... them into doing something about their high pollution index.

But as WISD0MTREE said, the "global" warming factor should be based off a total mean, not just all the pollution indexes added together in my opinion since there's a potentially unlimited amount of people who could be playing this game. 

I have no idea how hard all this would be to code/implement in-game, but the idea of pollution having a global impact could be a new dynamic for people to use diplomacy, negotiation, and war to solve. I'm all for the idea.

Edited by Athanasios
  • Upvote 1

"We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community."
     - Emperor Haile Selassie I

The Republic

The Republic Map