Stop rewarding bad behavior

Sir Scarfalot

On 11/28/2019 at 3:41 AM, Sir Scarfalot said:

At least please stop rewarding goons for spamming these reports, unless you really do want a game where the whole point is to make up offending meanings to the word "lollipop".

Apparently we've reached this point in the game already, judging from the fact that I've just been warned by the moderation team for 'flaming,' for intimating that the OP may be a 'lollipop' if he didn't rethink his position on reporting rule-breaking behavior.

This is not a complaint about moderation decisions, merely an on-topic statement of fact: do not tell people they are being 'lollipops' because they will take great offense.

Thank you for reading this PSA.

• Haha 1

Improper-Request-2.gif

1 hour ago, Supreme Master Joi said:

Apparently we've reached this point in the game already, judging from the fact that I've just been warned by the moderation team for 'flaming,' for intimating that the OP may be a 'lollipop' if he didn't rethink his position on reporting rule-breaking behavior.

This is not a complaint about moderation decisions, merely an on-topic statement of fact: do not tell people they are being 'lollipops' because they will take great offense.

Thank you for reading this PSA.

Actually, I was written a message by the moderators regarding that exact post, and it wasn't the "lollipop" comment but rather you saying "I hope you shatter on the asphalt soon" that earned the warn.

I'll admit it's an easy thing to confuse, though.

• Downvote 1

The quote I was warned for was:

"If you don't (reconsider your position), then I suppose you're the biggest, stickiest, suckiest "lollipop" I've ever seen, and I hope you shatter on the asphalt someday soon."

If you aren't the hypothetical lollipop in this scenario, then how could you possibly shatter on the asphalt?

Regardless, rather than trying to rehash this bit of moderating I messaged Alex earlier confirming that I did in fact engage in a bit of name-calling which is against the forum's rules.

Sir Scarfalot, you have my apology: you are not a lollipop, and are thus incapable of shattering upon the asphalt. That was rude of me. May you have a good day!

• Upvote 2

Improper-Request-2.gif

8 minutes ago, Supreme Master Joi said:

The quote I was warned for was:

"If you don't (reconsider your position), then I suppose you're the biggest, stickiest, suckiest "lollipop" I've ever seen, and I hope you shatter on the asphalt someday soon."

If you aren't the hypothetical lollipop in this scenario, then how could you possibly shatter on the asphalt?

Regardless, rather than trying to rehash this bit of moderating I messaged Alex earlier confirming that I did in fact engage in a bit of name-calling which is against the forum's rules.

Sir Scarfalot, you have my apology: you are not a lollipop, and are thus incapable of shattering upon the asphalt. That was rude of me. May you have a good day!

It's... really easy to shatter on asphalt as a human. People do it to themselves all the time, and it's tragic when they do.

Regardless, know what? I'll accept your apology. Completely, unequivocally, and totally. I appreciate that you do not in fact wish for me to shatter on asphalt, and that the heated discussion resulted in words said that were not meant. For my part in that, I apologise to you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2