A letter to the market

Tao Yi Kui

TL;DR: The market is overpriced and we need people to lower prices more so people can actually play the game

Dear Market,

You have become overpriced, just a few months ago, a credit was 11 million and food was $65, now, credits cost 19 million and $300. I am the leader of a struggling micro, we are trying our best to play the game, expand, and get better. However we don't have food or coal or gas or oil or munitions or steel or aluminium to help build nations and we don't have the ability to advertise because we don't have the money for credits. We are now starting a market for just our alliance, however my nation has lost half it's money to kickstart it. And the worst part is, I can't even incentivise the market to fix itself because the market we have in game is the best market in the game. Raising the price would hurt the 85% of nations that are in no allaince or micros and the 81% of allainces that are micros. Lowering the price would make a market less profitable. The market right now is very profitable, however it is also very hard to get into the exclusive club that can make money off of the market without hurting your own nation in the process. And we need to fix it to make sure that everyone can profit off of our market.

From,

The leader of just another micro.

1 minute ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

global war, you should join, dont have to worry about resources if your infra is being evaporated.

Also dont you guys get like 500k a day now just for logging in everyday?  I tell ya back in my day...

1mil, actually

32 minutes ago, Akshat Thakur said:

TL;DR: The market is overpriced and we need people to lower prices more so people can actually play the game

Dear Market,

You have become overpriced,

-

just a few months ago, a credit was 11 million and food was $65, now, credits cost 19 million and $300.

I am the leader of a struggling micro, we are trying our best to play the game, expand, and get better.

However we don't have food or coal or gas or oil or munitions or steel or aluminium to help build nations

-

and we don't have the ability to advertise because we don't have the money for credits.

We are now starting a market for just our alliance,

however my nation has lost half it's money to kickstart it.

-

And the worst part is, I can't even incentivise the market to fix itself because the market we have in game is the best market in the game. Raising the price would hurt the 85% of nations that are in no allaince or micros and the 81% of allainces that are micros. Lowering the price would make a market less profitable.

The market right now is very profitable, however it is also very hard to get into the exclusive club that can make money off of the market without hurting your own nation in the process. And we need to fix it to make sure that everyone can profit off of our market. 

People can sell resources on the market at the high market prices to make money to play the game.

The market is made up of all the buyers and sellers in Orbis. Since no continent can produce everything, every nation in Orbis is part of the market.

I would argue this is not true. It may appear to be true for a new nation. However, the market at the time was considered extremely low. This is likely due to the influx of resources from the Nova Rita scandal, where members of NR were able to duplicate resources. As a result of the exploit, the number of resources in Orbis almost doubled, allowing NR to flood the market with extremely cheap resources.

-

We are currently engaged in an almost world war. Food production is at -100% for all continents, except Antartica (which is already limited to half food production). You can also see the radiation modifier in your Revenue tab, by the food production line. I would suggest replacing your 31 farms in your nation, since you're not making any food in North America right now.

If you're trying to get better, take this feedback. This isn't meant to be condescending (it may sound like it, but that's not my intent). I am a former alliance leader, heir, head of econ, head of milcom, and other low gov positions.

Your city builds aren't optimal, so I doubt the rest of your alliance is doing much better. Message me in-game if you want some tips.

-

I think recruitment bots are a much better way to spend your money. I'm sure someone would be willing to sell one to you if you ask around on Discord.

Sell your resources on the global market to get enough money to buy from the global market.

That can easily be fixed with proper city building and selling on the global market.

-

I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at here. The market is controlled by the collective playerbase. Supply and demand applies here. Most nations not in alliances survive through raiding and are less affected by the market. Micros are just as capable of selling on the market to make money. Most major alliances don't control or influence what their members buy/sell, nor do they influence the price.

Everything you sell is helping your nation. The game was designed (in theory) so new players make raw resources, medium sized nations make manufactured resources, and large players make money through commerce. You have a comparative advantage in raw resource production since new nations don't have a large city age population bonus.

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Not gonna lie, this was a good read. Btw thanks for putting a link to this in my alliance's discord server without permission and literally calling it a "shameless self-plug" and saying how your work covers 85% of the game while mine covers 0.3%, really kind words to the leader of one of your 3 allies. Really appreciate it mate