Can we please make this closable?

Despartainian

Notifications

Less than 20% of your nation score comes from your military. Your advisors strongly suggest you increase the size of your armed forces in case another nation declares war on you.

This has been on my page since I joined. I don't think it's necessary in the first place, but can we at least have the option to hide it?

BbWk4MB.jpg

People complained that they wanted some warning so they knew that they were low military among other sorts of notifications. It goes away eventually when you grow your military obviously, but an option to dismiss notifications would be nice.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Just a question:

Is 20% considered large or small?

A bit on the small side.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Administrators

It's there to bug you until you build up your military a bit more, which right now if you're on beige is probably not your #1 concern but I'm sure your 14 day protection period will be ending soon and it'll be imperative that you build up a stronger military to ward off attackers (even by simply discouraging them from attacking you in the first place).

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

It's there to bug you until you build up your military a bit more, which right now if you're on beige is probably not your #1 concern but I'm sure your 14 day protection period will be ending soon and it'll be imperative that you build up a stronger military to ward off attackers (even by simply discouraging them from attacking you in the first place).

The problem with this is even when I had 4 barracks and max soldiers it still wasn't 20% of my score :P

The problem is, everyone plays differently. If I want an army I'll build one, I don't need the game to bug me about it, and I should be able to dismiss it. It takes up more space than it needs to.

BbWk4MB.jpg

The problem with this is even when I had 4 barracks and max soldiers it still wasn't 20% of my score :P

True, but after a few months your tanks, ships, and planes should push you a tad bit over 20% (could be wrong, Sheepy keeps changing the scores)

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

The point remains, we shouldn't have to look at that message for months. Not only that, there are nations who will not pursue a warring nation and focus on econ/production... Dismissing of notifications should be added.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

The point remains, we shouldn't have to look at that message for months. Not only that, there are nations who will not pursue a warring nation and focus on econ/production... Dismissing of notifications should be added.

I will add the feature, but remember that even if you focus on econ/production, you're still vulnerable to attack from other nations. Military is important to 1) discourage attackers in the first place and 2) be able to fight back and not get destroyed.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

But I like pacifism  :(

Oh well that's the price you pay, when a gazillion nations attack you because of it.

You can certainly be a pacifist, but just like the real world you either need someone else to protect you or you need a big enough military to keep the peace.

Forums Rules | Game Link

I don't have any issue with it being there because it's nice to be reminded that military is something I need to work on, but I understand that it could bug people, maybe even a little minimize option on the notification box and it'll only reopen if there is a new notification?

• Upvote 2

1x Gentleman of Economics @ TSG

1x Leader @ TSG

1x Minister of Prosperity @ TEL

1x Adviser @ TEL

First Recipient of the Order of the Jarl @ TEL - Honoring service to the alliance.

1x Associate @ tS