The Media Circus about the "Slenderman Stabbing"

Karl Marx

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/03/living/slenderman-stabbing-questions-for-parents/

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/06/what_is_slender_man_internet_h.html

Well, it seems news outlets like CNN are keen on telling me that internet fiction can turn children into killers. I mean, they can't even tell what's real or not, especially at twelve years old. God knows they didn't know what they were doing, either. I mean, cause and effect is a very difficult concept to master; it should take about 25 years for most people to get it down if I'm to believe the news. Of course mental disturbance only played a minimal role. Everyone knows that perfectly normal people are liable to try to kill somebody to appease a make-believe monster. Heck, my friends and I did it all the time when we were kids. No doubt about it, the maximum-possible sentence is appropriate here. After all, the justice system isn't about justice. It's about "what is the worst possible thing we can do to these mentally disturbed children".

On a more serious note, it's time for the media to stop finding outrageous scapegoats for tragedies and to start to take a serious look at the real problem: mental illness.

Thoughts?

"Your 'order' is built on sand. Tomorrow the revolution will already 'raise itself with a rattle' and announce with fanfare, to your terror: I was, I am, I will be!" - Rosa Luxemburg

When it comes to violence we need to stop blaming things besides the people. If they have a mental illness then yes it's the illnesses fault, but it is also theirs/their guardians's fault for not keeping them in check, or being in the proper facility.

Glory to the divine bush for he protects. When evil flies over head in his bombers, he will not see targets, only bushes. When his army of darkness comes to harm you, they shall get lost in the endless bush. The bush loves you, as you love the bush.

Az6EzuS.png

When it comes to violence we need to stop blaming things besides the people. If they have a mental illness then yes it's the illnesses fault, but it is also theirs/their guardians's fault for not keeping them in check, or being in the proper facility.

Or, or, we just ignore the mainstream media, amiright guys?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

No.

We need to ban assault slendermen.

Sounds reasonable, should I grab an extra pitchfork for you or do you have your own?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Get these kids some (psychiatric) help. That's what they need, not prison.

There is no order and no meaning,

there is only the truth of The Signal.

The Signal ever transmits from here

to the eyes and ears of the 'verse.

Can't Stop The Signal.

No.

We need to ban assault slendermen.

"We can not invade the American homeland. There will be a slenderman behind every blade of grass." 

-WWII Japanese General

Or, or, we just ignore the mainstream media, amiright guys?

This. 

But it is hard with 350,000,000 people... 

Yeah, blame the mental illness. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Mental illness doesn't kill people. People kill people.

!@#$ these girls. They can burn in Hell. I do not care how insane you are. If you are competent enough to plan a murder, you are competent enough to know that killing people is wrong.

Plus, I do not buy the slenderman insanity plea at all.

I do not care how insane you are. If you are competent enough to plan a murder, you are competent enough to know that killing people is wrong..

That's not true at all. Many mental illnesses can make the person believe the people their killing is the right thing to do, even that the person they are killing is evil. Some mental illnesses make it so they can't tell the difference between right and wrong and the killing is like killing a bug or taking out the trash. Sometimes it's just compulsive and they just do it without any control. With proper treatment many of these can be controlled and they can control them selves but if they have a real mental illness (which is unlikely, especially in both girls that attacked, unless this isn't their first instance of violence) then they need it treat but I agree I doubt they have one.

Glory to the divine bush for he protects. When evil flies over head in his bombers, he will not see targets, only bushes. When his army of darkness comes to harm you, they shall get lost in the endless bush. The bush loves you, as you love the bush.

Az6EzuS.png

• 4 weeks later...

Blaming mental illness for murder is like blaming unluckiness for car crash.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

Blaming mental illness for murder is like blaming unluckiness for car crash.

Yeah, that Sandy Hook guy didn't kill people. His gun killed people.

"How does that make any sense?" I ask

"Because, I support Obama and Obama said something similar. If you don't support him you are racist." Someone said.

(I shit you not, someone said that when I asked them.)

• Upvote 1

DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE!

YOU ARE A PIRATE!

Yeah, that Sandy Hook guy didn't kill people. His gun killed people.

"How does that make any sense?" I ask

"Because, I support Obama and Obama said something similar. If you don't support him you are racist." Someone said.

(I !@#$ you not, someone said that when I asked them.)

And the holocaust is caused by those evil poisonous gas! We must put a ban on assault poisonous gas!

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

And the holocaust is caused by those evil poisonous gas! We must put a ban on assault poisonous gas!

Woah woah woah let's just slow down and think this through. I know normal nonleathal tear gas is perfectly suited for home defense and riots, but what if the criminals get superior gasses. I don't want my family exposed to sarin just because I didn't have any zyklon B.

Az6EzuS.png

Woah woah woah let's just slow down and think this through. I know normal nonleathal tear gas is perfectly suited for home defense and riots, but what if the criminals get superior gasses. I don't want my family exposed to sarin just because I didn't have any zyklon B.

Although, it would be funny to see Cx get chems IRL and demand an existence tax in DC, since he is a chemist...

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Some people tell me that we have too many guns here. I tell them to shut their commie mouths.

And moar on topic:

The people should be blamed for their actions, but we should also take into account the fact that they were mentally ill. If someone tries to say that a murderer kills people because he played too much GTA 5, I will tell them to check his medical history. That would likely show that he was diagnosed with some form of mental illness.

DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE!

YOU ARE A PIRATE!