Orbis: Descending from the Stars (affects: San Florence and Britannia)

The Sacred Lights

OOC: You said to get refugees, you shot at me, I returned fire, then you bombed my country without telling me.....gg

(OOC.He sent in troops for refugees and you attacked him)

OOC: I did say there would be a refugee crisis.. I did not say to go over the border or engage my troops. That is the declaration of war.

This is also why I have not increased aggression with San Florence, who merely stayed on his side and aided those who crossed. When I started cleansing the populace, you moved into my borders and attacked my troops. That was the issue.

Edited by The Sacred Lights

<span style='font-size: 18px;'><span style='color: #b22222'><span class='bbc_underline'>"<em class='bbc'>We regret that the size of the multiverse has permitted them to exist for so long unchecked."</em></span></span><br />Remember, <em class='bbc'>I'M </em>the New Douche, not the other 7 New Guys. I'm <em class='bbc'>not</em> a Majority.</span><br />rKC4GSg.gif

OOC: 

Honestly, this entire situation looks ridiculous. Let me lay this out - 

1) Tonina arrived. Refugees were forced out. 

2) Lelouch was unhappy about the treatment of refugees. He then spent days in Toninan territory rounding them up. Territory protected by the Toninan Army. He then proceeded to claim next to zero casualties after this. 

3) With Britannia having trespassed onto Toninan territory they in turn responded with an artillery barrage and moved Toninan men (which were already in the area) up to the northern border. Again, next to no casualties were claimed by Britannia.

4) Britannian ship arrives. 

5) Toninans fire on Britannian ship. Lelouch claims this ship is invincible. 

There are a lot of things wrong here. For starters - invincible warships and not claiming casualties is generally considered very poor etiquette. I don't care what anime your equipment is from. It is not invincible. 

Edited by Schwieger
  • Upvote 1
Roleplay Nations:

Imperial Nalydya

Kingdom of Waikahla-Pohaku'ula

"Your fiction is much greater than our own... We will, of course, defer to your judgement on all things that don't exist."

This subforum is for roleplaying your in-game nations. You must use your in-game nation name, and while you may expound upon the information in-game, things should remain within the realm and scope of the Orbis world and your in-game nation.

You must roleplay within your means - by that, I mean you must make reasonable posts and requests. You are not allowed to take control of other nations without explicit consent from that nation leader, and posts like "I invade you and kill all your stuff" will be removed.

As a general rule of thumb, you should consult the other person you're interacting with when involved in two-way interactions when there is no in-game precedent. For example, if you win a war against someone in-game, you're welcome to make a roleplay post about how you won the war, but if you do so with no in-game action and the other player has not given consent, your post will be removed.

(This is directly from the rules.)

The Caledonian Empire--In Space

This subforum is for roleplaying your in-game nations. You must use your in-game nation name, and while you may expound upon the information in-game, things should remain within the realm and scope of the Orbis world and your in-game nation.

You must roleplay within your means - by that, I mean you must make reasonable posts and requests. You are not allowed to take control of other nations without explicit consent from that nation leader, and posts like "I invade you and kill all your stuff" will be removed.

As a general rule of thumb, you should consult the other person you're interacting with when involved in two-way interactions when there is no in-game precedent. For example, if you win a war against someone in-game, you're welcome to make a roleplay post about how you won the war, but if you do so with no in-game action and the other player has not given consent, your post will be removed.

(This is directly from the rules.)

Quotes the man with multiple galaxies worth of claims...

Also there was consultation via PM, the man is only making an issue of it now after things got to real and he saw what he was up against.

<span style='font-size: 18px;'><span style='color: #b22222'><span class='bbc_underline'>"<em class='bbc'>We regret that the size of the multiverse has permitted them to exist for so long unchecked."</em></span></span><br />Remember, <em class='bbc'>I'M </em>the New Douche, not the other 7 New Guys. I'm <em class='bbc'>not</em> a Majority.</span><br />rKC4GSg.gif

OOC: 

2) Lelouch was unhappy about the treatment of refugees. He then spent days in Toninan territory rounding them up. Territory protected by the Toninan Army. He then proceeded to claim next to zero casualties after this. 

3) With Britannia having trespassed onto Toninan territory they in turn responded with an artillery barrage and moved Toninan men (which were already in the area) up to the northern border. Again, next to no casualties were claimed by Britannia.

There are a lot of things wrong here. For starters - invincible warships and not claiming casualties is generally considered very poor etiquette. I don't care what anime your equipment is from. It is not invincible. 

Thanks for putting things into a clear timeline for us.

Did he specifically say yes let's have a war?

Unless he says let's have a war then his Empire is as invincible as he wants unless of course you beat him ingame and make the post that way

Edited by Cenna
  • Upvote 1

OOC: 

OOC:

1. I was told about this prior (Following Ruled)

2. I went to get the refugees (Following Rules)

3. I was attacked by the person who invited me in (Broke Rule)

4. I send in more troops AND claim 12 casualties (Following Rules)

5. He begins to barage attack my country (Broke Rules)

6. I send in Damcoles AND say it is protected by blaze lumouns (Following Rules)

7. He claims he can drain my energy sheild (Broke Rules)

Wow, I got 0 broken rules, it might be because I've had more experience and didnt just join today?

Edited by Lelouch Vi Britannia

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

I don't use my tech in a war. I go by ingame numbers

See the Evanstar Caledonian war

Either way, I don't see how it applies because:

1) There was consultation, and it was in his mind not an issue until just now when he finally realizes how bad the situation is for him.

2) Both he and I are using Tech that does not apply to the In-Game stats, as such if I am guilty of this he is as well. (Knightmare frames are clearly not Modern Tech, or P&W gameside cannon.

3) the IC precedent is there, as pointed out by Nalydya.

Did he specifically say yes let's have a war?

Unless he says let's have a war then his Empire is as invincible as he wants unless of course you beat him ingame and make the post that way

I'll go check, I'm sure he agreed to it. BRB.

Either way the IC precedent is there, which is the most important part of RP. He moved into my borders knowing, from the get go, doing so would escalate tensions and retaliation.

As such, merely doing it is consent. However, I'll go dig through the PMs.

Are you sending those into my territory?
_
They would be on the border and a little bit in your territory to retrieve the fleeing Britannians
_
Ah, well you should make that clearer. Well what I stated in my post will be what the response to those who cross over, or open fire from the other side of the border will have to deal with.
_
Just a heads up we are going to destroy anyone who fires on my country. Knightmare Frames are highspeed armoured mechs, placement weapons would be sitting ducks for Knightmares. As well as, we are sending 100 Knightmares now to personally rescue citizens.
_

Now to me, while this isn't an outright "let's have a war", we both stated here, clearly, that we would both increase aggression if x happened. (Clearly to the point of war, as I read it here)
We both did those things that cause escalations.

Honestly, the second we fired on eachother, this was agreed upon, we increased aggression and the result is obviously war... This is confusing to me, War is basically assured with this back and forth... Can we get a Mod in here to decide?

It can be as obvious as you want but until war is mutually accepted then no it can't happen. We have these rules in place do to similar things happening in the past. As I said before tensions can increase as much as you want but war must be agreed upon by both sides. And if you choose to deny his forces went into your lands then fine it didn't happen. But war must be explicitly agreed upon. And saying he got scared is wrong. He has a lot more than one ship to stand for him.

It can be as obvious as you want but until war is mutually accepted then no it can't happen. We have these rules in place do to similar things happening in the past. As I said before tensions can increase as much as you want but war must be agreed upon by both sides. And if you choose to deny his forces went into your lands then fine it didn't happen. But war must be explicitly agreed upon. And saying he got scared is wrong. He has a lot more than one ship to stand for him.

I kind of can see why the RP here is lacking... That's a horrible system, and easy to abuse.

Sure, agreeing upon the start of an RP, but making agreements all along the way? Just ignoring something if you don't like it?

Is that even RP? :/

• Upvote 1

OOC:

1. I was told about this prior (Following Ruled)

2. I went to get the refugees (Following Rules)

3. I was attacked by the person who invited me in (Broke Rule)

4. I send in more troops AND claim 12 casualties (Following Rules)

5. He begins to barage attack my country (Broke Rules)

6. I send in Damcoles AND say it is protected by blaze lumouns (Following Rules)

7. He claims he can drain my energy sheild (Broke Rules)

Wow, I got 0 broken rules, it might be because I've had more experience and didnt just join today?

1) Not a point of contention

2) Not a point of contention

3) Explained above

4) This verifies my statement. Next to no casualties were taken for what would have been literally days worth of fighting.

5) Explained above

6) Not a point of contention until vessel was claimed to be invincible (poor RP etiquette) 

7) Explaining how a technology works is not against the rules. It is up to you to decide how it affects your equipment.

Roleplay Nations:

Imperial Nalydya

Kingdom of Waikahla-Pohaku'ula

"Your fiction is much greater than our own... We will, of course, defer to your judgement on all things that don't exist."

Additionally... IC the Britannians have already accepted a War is happening, we're merely arguing about the terms of peace. Isn't that a form of agreement?

Community, 

Fist off - creating large text and bolding that text in an IC forum is a form of spam - lets not. 

Secondly, Lets all take a look at this forum's rules. Check them out here. As always, this forum is for role play specific to your in-game nations. You are to play within the realm of the orbis world and your in-game nation. That means you need to play within the means of the world, you can't god-mod, and you can't be a one upper. (i.e. "I have shield destroyers" - "WELL MY SHIELDS NEVER DIE!! NO MATTER WHAT!")

This forum has always operated just fine with the current rule set up - this community changes over time and it continues to change as more and more people are introduced to the RP community here. Just because you do something one way - in no way - gives you the right to come in here and try to force it down the RP Community's throats. That won't be happening. 

I agree that there needs to be changes in the way things are operated here in the RP world - a good way to start out is by posting your ideas in the OOC forum, that is where suggestions go. In addition, somewhere I saw how you all wanted to do a practice war to see this new way of RPing - I suggest getting together to work on that. 

Lastly - In order for RP to work correctly - the way it has been for years - all parties must agree to the conflict/rp - no matter what. Any type of posts that violate those rules will be locked and the OP will be warned. Please see rules for more information. 

This thread has been locked as it is a sit storm of OOC posts. I'll see you guys in the OOC Nat RP Forum.

• Upvote 2

It was a pleasure serving this community - Stay Frosty!

Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC