The Portuguese Empire: A New beginning

Church

2000px-Flag_Portugal_(1830).svg.png

​Portuguese Empire National Post Edition #1

​Long ago on the Iberian Peninsula, a great nation ruled the lands. The Principality of Galica. A nation that lasted a decent amount of time and had a vast amount of land. This nation ceased to exist once the Government had stopped caring about their citizens. Anarchy has flew over the land ever since. People were looking for a leader, then yesterday. They finally got their answer. A Portuguese Trading Captain, rounded up his crew and all the men who would support him and claimed leadership of the land. Yesterday, Charles Phillip Hapsburg I was crowned King of Portugal. But not just Portugal, he wanted everyone who was once part of a different country to have his or her say in their Nationality. So he brought back the once great Kingdom of Spain and Ponta Delgada. So Officially, His Majesty Charles Phillip Hapsburg I, King of Portugal, Spain, Ponta Delgada, and Liguria. His Monarchy has been predicted to last a lifetime, starting with this, he stated: "I as your King, will not just rule as a Monarch. Each region will elect 3 Members to serve as representatives in the Provincial Council. A Legislative body, that acts solely as an advisory to the King. King Charles is a sole survivor of his family during the Nuclear War. Is current Advisers are saying this is a problem and it needs fixed. The Portuguese Empire currently has a very small army consisting of one regiment. The Provincial Regiment, who is tasked with the safe guard of the lands internally. Though works have been set in motion to fix this issue. Mainly, Portugal only shows its might in it's Naval Capabilities. More updates on that will soon follow. The Portuguese Empire is currently open to setting up relations with any Foreign Country interested, as well as Portugal already signing a trade agreement with the new Italian Empire. King Charles met with Il Duce Benito Amilcare Andrea Mussolini to discuss the new agreement. With his main comment to the press being "Our farmers in the South would certainly welcome new buyers and we have a strong steel industry in the northern regions." Embassies are now opening up, and His Majesty is willing to meet with any Foreign Leader. Thank you for reading our Weekly Edition of the new National Post. Which will be lowered to a price of $0.25 a paper.

OOC: So here is my new nation, hope to open up relations with foreign countries and we will provide a weekly update on internal affairs. Have a good night!

Edited by Crosby

Sincerely,

The Red and Blue soldiers of Project Freelancer 

The Italian people look forward to a bright future with the Portuguese Empire.

"Your cattle will die, your friends will die, you will die. But your reputation, if it is good, will never die."  -excerpt from the Havamal

"We are born into this time and must bravely follow the path to the destined end. There is no other way. Our duty is to hold on to the lost position, without hope, without rescue, like that Roman soldier whose bones were found in front of a door in Pompeii, who, during the eruption of Vesuvius, died at his post because they forgot to relieve him. That is greatness. That is what it means to be a thoroughbred. The honorable end is the one thing that can not be taken from a man."  -Oswald Spengler

An Ambassador of the King will be sent to Chernigov and Sweden upon approval and afterwards the King himself will fly out to both nations to discuss trade agreements

Sincerely,

If you attend the dinner/banquet that is being held in Italy, then you can met King Charles sooner and as well meet with other world leaders.

Sincerely,

The Kingdom of The Evenstar is reluctant to open relations. We'd like to see how far this experiment goes first.

King Charles would love to open up relations with the great Kingdom of Evenstar. We could met anytime that you'd like. We do share a major boarder and would be honored to call King Thalmor and ally of Portugal. You should attend the banquet in Italy!

Sincerely,

Hungadada and Emperor Tristar Majestica welcome the Portugese Empire to Orbis, and hope to begin relations between our two great nations.  

Edited by Emperor Tristar Majestica

His Royal Highness Emperor Tristar Majestica

Emperor of the Imperial Republic of Hungadada

I would like to establish relations

We look forward to opening relations with a mighty South American power house.

Russia looks forward to establishing friendly relations 

Russian President 

The Soviet Union Looks forward to opening relations with Portugal, a prime ally for the Soviet Union 

-- Soviet Premier

We will be remaining Neutral during your conflict. Though we will support whoever wins your civil war and then open relations with your mighty nation.

Hungadada and Emperor Tristar Majestica welcome the Portugese Empire to Orbis, and hope to begin relations between our two great nations.

I couldn't agree more, especially with a mighty nation like yours.

Sincerely,

-Lady Victorina- speaking for Caledonia we will consider opening relations

We would consider opening relations with Caledonia. You don't show much enthusiasm for forming relations with us so we will be reluctant.

Sincerely,

We would consider opening relations with Caledonia. You don't show much enthusiasm for forming relations with us so we will be reluctant.

-Lady Victorina- I am reluctant because I am at war as I'm sure you'll understand. Forgive me for not opening an embassy right away. When the war is over I'll be more than happy to open the relations.

The Caledonian Empire--In Space

-Lady Victorina- I am reluctant because I am at war as I'm sure you'll understand. Forgive me for not opening an embassy right away. When the war is over I'll be more than happy to open the relations.

We completely understand and hope your endeavors go well

Sincerely,