Improvement of Human check (Capcha)

Blkandwhtlion

Hello,

I'm a a bit new to the game, but did read the forum etiquette posts and did search for some related topics but did not find any so please bear with me.

In short, I find the human checker a very negative aspect to the game. I understand its intention and reason for it. It prevents scripters from farming up nations to benefit themselves. I like the fact that the developer(s) took time to address this situation.

However, I find that on a single session (about 10-15min of checking on things and of course Baseball) I am confronted with this human checker about 20 times on average. There is no exaggeration here. I am not sure why. Maybe because I am new and they are weeding me out of some trial phase? If so I'll gladly deal with it until that phase is over and I am trusted.

The second issue I have with it is that it gets progressively harder it seems. Apparently bushes are considered tree so I should have clicked those. I fail a few, maybe 1-2 for every 25 I complete. It gets annoying after awhile.

So I have some improvement ideas:

1) Implement a trusted phase where nations that successfully complete the capcha for a week, can go without it for a month. You could adjust the times, and I understand you might think that scripters will just play for a week and script for a month, so maybe have that month be "less frequent" and display them 1/4 or even 1/5th the amount of time. 

2) lower their frequency. 20 times a session is hard on my patience.

I'm open to other ideas. Maybe these don't make sense. Let me know. Even knowing more why these can't work might make me more understanding and patient. I welcome the constructive criticism.

• Upvote 2

tbh, once every 5-10 minutes would probably be fine :v

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

1) Implement a trusted phase where nations that successfully complete the capcha for a week, can go without it for a month. You could adjust the times, and I understand you might think that scripters will just play for a week and script for a month, so maybe have that month be "less frequent" and display them 1/4 or even 1/5th the amount of time. 

2) lower their frequency. 20 times a session is hard on my patience.

The first one has obvious flaws which you kinda pointed out yourself.

The second one is spot on. The captcha is a bit ridiculous. Open the trade page like 5 times, and it'll trigger or something like that. It needs to be extended. It's extremely tedious and annoying and is WAY overkill for fighting against scripters.

Open the trade page, check the lowest price of a resource, create an offer and post it, goes back to the trade page, open another resouce, CAPTCHA.

XLL3z4T.gif

Wayy too many captchas I agree with these guys. Every like 4 or 5 games....captchas. Just so many...do we really need this many to combat those scripter fellows?

• Upvote 1

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."

I particularly dislike being asked to do a captcha just after you submit an offer. Once done it takes you back to a blank create offer page. Rather than redoing the offer I use the back arrow twice to get back to the original offer and resubmit. And is it really necessary to take you to captcha when clicking on Trade. At least wait until you are actually trading.

• Upvote 1

I've complained about it many times.  Fundamentally, if it makes it inconvenient for everyone and prevents a world where scripters buy any low offer and dominate the market, its probably worth it until a better solution comes out.

Duke of House Greyjoy