OOC slander, grieving.

Prefonteen

It's all fine and dandy until someone uses the argument of "that's offensive, being offensive is bad, bad is bad, you're bad, you're wrong" argument.

There's a difference between saying "don't offend people" and saying "Don't be a dick for no reason."

It's not being "emotional" to demand that people treat others with a little respect and dignity. Suggesting that someone is a sex offender, for no reason, goes well beyond what should be considered socially acceptable. I swear, it's like some of the folks in this game have no idea how to interact with other human beings.

• Upvote 1

There's a difference between saying "don't offend people" and saying "Don't be a dick for no reason."

It's not being "emotional" to demand that people treat others with a little respect and dignity. Suggesting that someone is a sex offender, for no reason, goes well beyond what should be considered socially acceptable. I swear, it's like some of the folks in this game have no idea how to interact with other human beings.

There's a difference between "being a dick for no reason" and "not caring about your feelings".

Going out of your way not to offend someone is like giving someone a present on Christmas. Being a dick for no reason is throwing a rock through their window. Not care about your feelings is simply not bringing a present. How does NOT doing a positive result in a negative? 0 is not a negative number.

"It's not being "emotional" to demand that people treat others with a little respect and dignity."

Yes it is. Respect is earned, not asked for. I'm not giving you negative respect, i'm giving you 0. Big difference.

"Suggesting that someone is a sex offender, for no reason, goes well beyond what should be considered socially acceptable."

Socially acceptable? This is the internet. If you want things to be socially acceptable, this is the wrong place for you. Don't go to McDonalds and order a medium rare steak and then get mad about not getting what you ordered.

"I swear, it's like some of the folks in this game have no idea how to interact with other human beings."

Actually, i do. (and so do most people here, believe it or not) But interacting with real people is in real life is far different than on the internet. If i piss you off, you can hit me. Emotions actually matter there. Who cares how right you are if you're swallowing your own teeth and blood. Here, you can say what's right, not what people like.

Edited by Peacity Peace
  • Upvote 1
Icwalk.gif

There's a difference between "being a dick for no reason" and "not caring about your feelings".

Going out of your way not to offend someone is like giving someone a present on Christmas. Being a dick for no reason is throwing a rock through their window. Not care about your feelings is simply not bringing a present. How does NOT doing a positive result in a negative? 0 is not a negative number.

"It's not being "emotional" to demand that people treat others with a little respect and dignity."

Yes it is. Respect is earned, not asked for. I'm not giving you negative respect, i'm giving you 0. Big difference.

"Suggesting that someone is a sex offender, for no reason, goes well beyond what should be considered socially acceptable."

Socially acceptable? This is the internet. If you want things to be socially acceptable, this is the wrong place for you. Don't go to McDonalds and order a medium rare steak and then get mad about not getting what you ordered.

"I swear, it's like some of the folks in this game have no idea how to interact with other human beings."

Actually, i do. (and so do most people here, believe it or not) But interacting with real people is in real life is far different than on the internet. If i piss you off, you can hit me. Emotions actually matter there. Who cares how right you are if you're swallowing your on teeth and blood. Here, you can say what's right, not what people like.

Once again, you seem to be under the impression that this is about emotions, but that simply is not the case. It is about how we, as people, interact with each other. It is about the standards of behavior that we hold ourselves, and others, to.

Believe me, I know all about the internet. But there's one thing you seem to be missing here. This isn't 4chan. This is PoliticsAndWar, which has a set of rules, and an Admin/mods who have every right to determine what sort of behavior is acceptable within this community. Ultimately, they will be the ones to make the determination, but for my part I would argue that this sort of nonsense doesn't belong in this community.

By the way, if you think people don't go around calling each other sex offenders in person out of fear of violence, then you are completely missing the point. You must be a truly miserable, detestable, sorry excuse for a human being.

Once again, you seem to be under the impression that this is about emotions, but that simply is not the case. It is about how we, as people, interact with each other. It is about the standards of behavior that we hold ourselves, and others, to.

Believe me, I know all about the internet. But there's one thing you seem to be missing here. This isn't 4chan. This is PoliticsAndWar, which has a set of rules, and an Admin/mods who have every right to determine what sort of behavior is acceptable within this community. Ultimately, they will be the ones to make the determination, but for my part I would argue that this sort of nonsense doesn't belong in this community.

By the way, if you think people don't go around calling each other sex offenders in person out of fear of violence, then you are completely missing the point. You must be a truly miserable, detestable, sorry excuse for a human being.

You have the power to instantly ignore anyone's words, thoughts and opinions instantly on the internet. If that was possible IRL, then we wouldn't need these "standards".

Anyone should have the right to message anyone anything. I mean, what's the worst thing they could do? Honestly. No matter what they say, a button that makes sure you never have to read their messages again is seconds away.

Anyways, if you're to use the argument "Well this law or rule says this, therefore i'm right" argument, well, let me do the same. In the past slavery, was legal, therefore blacks are unequal and shouldn't vote. DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

"By the way, if you think people don't go around calling each other sex offenders in person out of fear of violence, then you are completely missing the point. You must be a truly miserable, detestable, sorry excuse for a human being."

^ Every time you argue with anyone on subject that triggers them. The "If you think that, then you must be [adhominem], [acts like the adhominem disproves my arguments]" Sigh.

Icwalk.gif

You have the power to instantly ignore anyone's words, thoughts and opinions instantly on the internet. If that was possible IRL, then we wouldn't need these "standards".

Anyone should have the right to message anyone anything. I mean, what's the worst thing they could do? Honestly. No matter what they say, a button that makes sure you never have to read their messages again is seconds away.

Anyways, if you're to use the argument "Well this law or rule says this, therefore i'm right" argument, well, let me do the same. In the past slavery, was legal, therefore blacks are unequal and shouldn't vote. DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

"By the way, if you think people don't go around calling each other sex offenders in person out of fear of violence, then you are completely missing the point. You must be a truly miserable, detestable, sorry excuse for a human being."

^ Every time you argue with anyone on subject that triggers them. The "If you think that, then you must be [adhominem], [acts like the adhominem disproves my arguments]" Sigh.

More missing the point. Holy moly, you must be a man with no principles whatsoever.

More missing the point. Holy moly, you must be a man with no principles whatsoever.

Principles are for the self-centered, although it doesn't seem that way if you can't see past the end of your nose.

Edited by Peacity Peace
  • Upvote 1
Icwalk.gif

there are social justice warriors, and there now seem to be social injustice warriors; people who fight for the right for everyone to be as politically incorrect as they want wherever they want.

i find that i regard both the same way ;D

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

there are social justice warriors, and there now seem to be social injustice warriors; people who fight for the right for everyone to be as politically incorrect as they want wherever they want.

i find that i regard both the same way ;D

Can't tell if you're saying you like self-centered emotionally driven people or you dislike people who don't expect(not want you to) to have to filter yourself in fear of hurting someones feelings.

• Upvote 1
Icwalk.gif

^quite deliberate :D

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

Some conclusions from this thread:

1) Mods are apparently AWOL.

2) Aero goes to a shit tier law school where they teach "null in-void" and "unwritten statutes" (emphasis mine for lolz)

3) Peacity Peace thinks its cool to be a sociopath as long as its "the internetz"

4) Alpha and company will make any contortions necessary to avoid responsibility for bad behavior, but have no problem literally framing others for the same and then feigning outrage

• Upvote 2

2) Aero goes to a shit tier law school where they teach "null in-void" and "unwritten statutes" (emphasis mine for lolz)

3) Peacity Peace thinks its cool to be a sociopath as long as its "the internetz"

4) Alpha and company will make any contortions necessary to avoid responsibility for bad behavior, but have no problem literally framing others for the same and then feigning outrage

I am oddly ok with these conclusions

Banner for PnW.png

TIL 20% of the people on the internet are sociopaths

Icwalk.gif

But not catering to people who get offended by everything isn't.

It isn't that they are offended by everything. It's that most of the things you say that offend people are things that you didn't need to say in the first place. And most of the time, you knew before you said it that it would be offensive. It's like joking about rape in front of a rape victim, which you have done. Is the rape victim really at fault for being offended?

It isn't that they are offended by everything. It's that most of the things you say that offend people are things that you didn't need to say in the first place. And most of the time, you knew before you said it that it would be offensive. It's like joking about rape in front of a rape victim, which you have done. Is the rape victim really at fault for being offended?

"It's that most of the things you say that offend people are things that you didn't need to say in the first place."

Well, really, no one needs to say anything ever. See what happens when you say general things that have no real meaning besides emotions?

"It's like joking about rape in front of a rape victim, which you have done. Is the rape victim really at fault for being offended?"

No, it's the rape victim's fault for not clicking "ignore" on me. Imagine if you had that kind of power irl. And also, i had no idea the person was a rape victim. So by this logic, should i joke about nothing? Since half of topics at least offend 1 person.

Edited by Peacity Peace
Icwalk.gif

Yeah I'd like to see you say that when the tables are turned and you are the victim being reminded of your pain for someone else's lone amusement.

Edited by Keksalot

Yeah I'd like to see you say that when the tables are turned and you are the victim being reminded of your pain for someone else's lone amusement.

Happened 2 days ago. I left the chat for an hour and came back later. I could have been a self-centered &#33;@#&#036; and have said "ermergerd, that offends me". But i'm not 7, or a sjw. I guess that means i'm a sociopath?

• Upvote 1
Icwalk.gif

-snip-

"It's like joking about rape in front of a rape victim, which you have done. Is the rape victim really at fault for being offended?"

-snip-

May be messed up but he actually has a point with this one xD

Banner for PnW.png

"It's that most of the things you say that offend people are things that you didn't need to say in the first place."

Well, really, no one needs to say anything ever. See what happens when you say general things that have no real meaning besides emotions?

No, it's the rape victim's fault for not clicking "ignore" on me. Imagine if you had that kind of power irl. And also, i had no idea the person was a rape victim. So by this logic, should i joke about nothing? Since half of topics at least offend 1 person.

Let's take this instance: The matter is brought into the world via pm's to *other people*. The problem with that is that it helps create a rumor about my personal affairs (a lie deliberately made to discredit me). Let's assume my members were more gullible and this did not reach me. Classic telephone play would contort the rumor and eventually there is the possibility of this one action affecting my interactions with the rest of my alliance and/or the game. Now, this is an extreme scenario but it is within the realm of possibilities. I am not necessarily offended by the comment in itself. I do however take care to protect myself from potential occurrences as described above, because I have *seen* it happen to others. I think you are misinterpreting the nature of my 'taking offense' here.

Even if it was a member of mine being treated as such, I would have taken the same action. 

Edited by Partisan

os9LcJK.gif

Happened 2 days ago. I left the chat for an hour and came back later. I could have been a self-centered !@#$ and have said "ermergerd, that offends me". But i'm not 7, or a sjw. I guess that means i'm a sociopath?

No what makes you a Sociopath is your lack of empathy for humanity. You think bad things that happen to people are subjects for your amusement.

Edited by Keksalot

No what makes you a Sociopath is your lack of empathy for humanity. You think bad things that happen to people are subjects for your amusement.

Here's a big shock for you. Lots of things about humanity is really stupid. Empathy is something that keeps us from killing each other, but left unchecked and you stop caring about what is right. 

"You think bad things that happen to people are subjects for your amusement."

... where? Please give me some examples.

This is what I've done in the only situation that you've brought up so far.

I said "If it's not a no, it's a yes". Boom. Someone gets triggered, brings up their past, gets everyone triggered about nothing. Why? Too much empathy.

• Upvote 1
Icwalk.gif