Rules Clarification

Placentica

snip

Look, I apologized for making you upset, I tried to head in the direction to make amends, clearly your not interested, and instead decided to insult a group of players who despite whatever stats you want to look at are proud of what they've done and are having some fun throughout the stress of war, and that right there is all that matters in this game.

I'm not going to discuss this further as I was trying to get us back to civil discussions instead of insult for insult.

All the best,

Restius

• Administrators

I will also note that while this is not a "No-Discussion Forum" there are guidelines for this forum that you are required to abide by. This subforum is for players to discuss with moderators, not for players to bicker with each other.

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3416-use-of-the-moderation-support-forum/

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Edit: wrong forum

My only answer to this is a respectful request for moderation to look into the degree to which Steve posts here may or may not constitute an attempt at abusing moderation for IC gains.

Edited by Partisan

os9LcJK.gif

• Administrators

My only answer to this is a respectful request for moderation to look into the degree to which Steve posts here may or may not constitute an attempt at abusing moderation for IC gains.

I don't think that this is any attempt at abusing moderation - it seems a reasonable question to me to ask whether someone can "force" him to no longer player the game.

And while the answer is technically "yes", the de-facto answer is that if that actually starts happening, I will change the mechanics to prevent it from happening in the future. So it is an important topic to bring to my attention.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Thank you Alex for your clarification.  I just wanted to make sure the issue was made aware to you so this wouldn't be abused because I can see it used in the future this used as a way to force people to stop playing the game that a person finds as an IC-threat.

Look, I apologized for making you upset, I tried to head in the direction to make amends, clearly your not interested, and instead decided to insult a group of players who despite whatever stats you want to look at are proud of what they've done and are having some fun throughout the stress of war, and that right there is all that matters in this game.

I'm not going to discuss this further as I was trying to get us back to civil discussions instead of insult for insult.

All the best,
Restius

You never made me upset.  I'm not sure, not having had any kind of personal conversation with me, why you would think that.  Or if I just need to put these in every post: :P:D:lol:  lol or other notation.  Or if you think any post that doesn't contain emotion notation means someone is upset, then I guess I can't help ya.

You have not tried to make amends nor remove the term that I deem to be uncalled for.....all for just honoring a treaty.  If you really wanted to make amends you can contact me privately instead of grandstanding here.  The fact that you have never contacted me privately is an action that is more telling than your words.

Where have I insulted you?  If you have insulted me then apology accepted, although I don't believe you have ever insulted me.  If you point me to where I've insulted you, then I can address that.

This is my first post in moderation this war and I can't remember posting at any other time here in the last 6 months.  What you are claiming I'm doing seems to be what you are doing, ironically.

I don't think that this is any attempt at abusing moderation - it seems a reasonable question to me to ask whether someone can "force" him to no longer player the game.

And while the answer is technically "yes", the de-facto answer is that if that actually starts happening, I will change the mechanics to prevent it from happening in the future. So it is an important topic to bring to my attention.

Fair enough. I respectfully disagree on his intent due to the situation surrounding his posing of the question. In an in-game declaration of war, a fringe alliance which has no qualms with Steve or his alliance but is nonetheless involved in the war made a lighthearted joke about making Steve go on vacation mode. This was acknowledged to be a joke by well...everyone but Steve, who threw up a stink about it. Even after clarification and yes, even after an apology, he posed the aforementioned question to the moderation forum in order to directly influence public opinion with moderation backing. Had you said that the term was illegal, we can reasonably conclude that he would have plastered that all over the IC forums.

Whether it succeeds or not (in this case: not) is irrelevant. The intent, from my perspective, was to use moderation as a weapon.

That said, this is your game so I will let the case rest from here.

Thank you Alex for your clarification.  I just wanted to make sure the issue was made aware to you so this wouldn't be abused because I can see it used in the future this used as a way to force people to stop playing the game that a person finds as an IC-threat.

You never made me upset.  I'm not sure, not having had any kind of personal conversation with me, why you would think that.  Or if I just need to put these in every post: :P:D:lol:  lol or other notation.  Or if you think any post that doesn't contain emotion notation means someone is upset, then I guess I can't help ya.

You have not tried to make amends nor remove the term that I deem to be uncalled for.....all for just honoring a treaty.  If you really wanted to make amends you can contact me privately instead of grandstanding here.  The fact that you have never contacted me privately is an action that is more telling than your words.

Where have I insulted you?  If you have insulted me then apology accepted, although I don't believe you have ever insulted me.  If you point me to where I've insulted you, then I can address that.

This is my first post in moderation this war and I can't remember posting at any other time here in the last 6 months.  What you are claiming I'm doing seems to be what you are doing, ironically.

Please view the above. And no, I am not going to get into a 'no u'  argument with you here.

os9LcJK.gif