Austrian Economics vs Keynesian Economics

Donald Trump

Keynesian is my model of choice. The current Australian government is using the Austrian method at the moment and its doing jack all for the economy. Its generates a sense of fear, if everyone saves, everyone cuts spending- simply is a downward spiral to a point no more savings can be made. Than jobs are cut and guess what the circle continues down.  It generates no confidence in the economy - shifts a full time workforce to a part time one. What is the point of low home interest rates if you don't have a job? 

Wrong. Austrian is worse than all others.

Explain.

Keynesian is my model of choice. The current Australian government is using the Austrian method at the moment and its doing jack all for the economy.

Incorrect. The current Australian government is driven primarily under Keating's implemented plans which is as close to Keynesian Economics as you can get. The only factor even resembling Austrian Economics is a highly recognized "open market" which is common in the Southeast Pacific for decades now.

After reading extensively about both Keynesian and Austrian Economics, I've come to the conclusion that both are faulty.

I won't get into any specifics as there are much better economists here (looking at you Lannan) but from a economy enthusiast, I've come to see that there are many instances in which both systems work - partially.

Keynesian policy has proven to increase job growth and overall spending into the economy, however this is a direct result of government intervention, and the moment such intervention stops, well the jobs and the spending that was occurring ceases, usually entirely. Meanwhile, Austrian policy is clearly better for when the economy is ALREADY doing well, but doesn't work well if the economy crashes. Though I also agree with the Austrian principle of saving, investment, and deflation.

But of course, this is simply from a guy who likes to observe economic cycles. o/

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(

I <3 claims without evidence

What can I say? OP and Austrians are giving me nothing to work with.

There are huge flaws in Keynesian, but Austrian is just a protest psuedo-science. Hating taxes isn't enough to qualify as an economic theory.

What can I say? OP and Austrians are giving me nothing to work with.

There are huge flaws in Keynesian, but Austrian is just a protest psuedo-science. Hating taxes isn't enough to qualify as an economic theory.

You can do better than just throwing pseudo-chitlins out there.

Never read Rothbard, Mises, Menger or Kirzner?

Find some meat to prove your stances. At least debate that Austrians do not use as many graphs and flow charts than Keynesians.

I believe we should adopt a pluralist view of economics, as obviously every theory has flaws. I'm a fan of Keynesian mainly due to the success of the Hawke-Keating governments. We've had 23 years without a recession, the last one being 1992 or to paraphrase Keating 'the recession we had to have'.

As you sow, so shall you reap

Austrians do not argue meaningful economic factors. Let them try

We'll talk.

So favoring an open market for currencies is not meaningful nor a major factor. Interesting.

I can understand the angst against the Austrians for constantly blaming Government oversight for every wrong when much blame needs to be directed at the Money Power itself. I can also see the irony of blaming the Federal Reserve as the problem when in fact it is more of a symptom of the Money Power. But when it comes to protection from the boom/bust cycle manipulation the Austrians are all on it, which is why it is fringe and not mainstream due to a bust not occurring every month.

When creating a thread

• Opening posts should be a paragraph with at least 4-5 complete sentences.
  • Quoting from outside references may only include small portions of the article. Do not post or quote an entire article.
  • Thread titles should be a brief description of the thread topic. Moderation has the right to alter thread titles that do not follow this rule.
  • Whether a thread has sufficiently set a basis for respectful debate on the thread topic will be at the discretion of the moderators

It was a pleasure serving this community - Stay Frosty!

Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC

Someone already beat me to the first one:

KEYNES & HAYEK: ROUND TWO

I love how they fallowed through with the "Too big to fail" and bailed out JMK despite his loss. 

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1