World War 3

Jon Snow

Well, most politicians now haven't been in office since 2000. The ones that were in here long enough are mostly from 3rd world countries that don't matter. 

With the way Russia isn't backing down and Obama is being aggressive, it could possibly lead to a war. 

Putin is in office since 2000... Obama was Senator for 2-3 years before becoming president. Though I don't think Obama would let is escalate, he'd simply draw a line and then get silent. But NATO could intervene... Germany wants to become more active again, they've now got lots of high-tech material, including new Leopards and Eurofighters... 

Ultimately it's going to come down to if Ukraine is willing to resist Russian occupation. Which from a military standpoint, unless it gets assistance from the west, will be a futile effort. 

If Ukraine fights back, it would probably end up dragging NATO into the equation. It all hinges on rather or not they are willing to try and fight an impossible battle and gamble that the rest of the West will come to their aid, if they don't fight back it will completely de-legitimize their government.

EHEqT.jpg

Putin is in office since 2000... Obama was Senator for 2-3 years before becoming president. Though I don't think Obama would let is escalate, he'd simply draw a line and then get silent. But NATO could intervene... Germany wants to become more active again, they've now got lots of high-tech material, including new Leopards and Eurofighters... 

1. Obama was a last minute replacement

2. Senators don't really control the whole country in war... 

3. Obama is doing a bad job, then: http://rt.com/news/us-ambassador-russia-obama-374/

5. If NATO comes in, then we war now. :D

Sam Houston wants YOU!!! 

Join the Texas Navy today

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

the sheer coalition that would have to be built would have to be one large enough to neutralize Russia, as well as the possibility of their allies...and that would be a feat considering China does have the Shanghai Cooperation Organization

Heh, China's military is a joke, they have no power projection capabilities. England has better power projection for God's sake! America's main mission since WW2 was managing the logistical nightmare that is an overseas invasion. The largest air force in the world is the United States Air Force, the 2nd largest is the United States Navy. The US has more carriers than every other nation combined. America spends more on military then the largest 15 other nations combined. Both Russians and Chinese use outdated Soviet Tech as well, the F-22 will have a field day with their air force. Simply put, in the event of WW3 (Assuming it isn't a nuclear annihilation immediately) the "Shanghai Cooperation Organization" simply has no means to attack the US, but at the same time the US has no capabilities to make a successful invasion. NATO would have to be involved in order to successfully invade either China or Russia(again assuming they don't nuke Earth to kingdom come) Also it is a good thing France left NATO, they may induce panic amongst the troops XD

Sidenote, the hell is Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan gonna do? Stand in front of the bullets?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

One thing you forget is that China has 50 submarines, the second most in the world. they're navy in itself, while not yet a blue water navy, is still the second largest by both numbers and tonnage

and that's on top of the numerous troops that they can field...also let's not forget just how capable their hacking prowess has become

4DKO1Df450x175_zps30h9x0af.png

if they don't fight back it will completely de-legitimize their government.

Their government came to power by coup. It has no legitimacy anyway.

There is no order and no meaning,

there is only the truth of The Signal.

The Signal ever transmits from here

to the eyes and ears of the 'verse.

Can't Stop The Signal.

Their government came to power by coup. It has no legitimacy anyway.

Not true, transitional governments can be legitimate if they are recognized and agree to hold elections. Changing government and holding elections in the middle of a crisis is damn near impossible.

Ikol, Proud member of Terminus Est.

Moderator of http://www.reddit.com/r/PoliticsandWar/

Not true, transitional governments can be legitimate if they are recognized and agree to hold elections. Changing government and holding elections in the middle of a crisis is damn near impossible.

Perhaps, but this movement signed a (supposedly EU-backed) agreement to end the crisis with the elected government of Yanukovych, then removed him via coup a couple of days later. Such a movement has no legitimacy as a government.

There is no order and no meaning,

there is only the truth of The Signal.

The Signal ever transmits from here

to the eyes and ears of the 'verse.

Can't Stop The Signal.

Perhaps, but this movement signed a (supposedly EU-backed) agreement to end the crisis with the elected government of Yanukovych, then removed him via coup a couple of days later. Such a movement has no legitimacy as a government.

Fair enough, the impeachment vote was held under duress so yeah until elections I cannot recognize them.

Ikol, Proud member of Terminus Est.

Moderator of http://www.reddit.com/r/PoliticsandWar/

War will come because our government cant keep their noses out of other peoples buisness. Obama is a meanace to our country. No obamacare, lossen up the gun laws, and stay out of the old world politics unless we directly get attacked.

stay out of the old world politics unless we directly get attacked.

That was the USA's position after WW1, that isolationism is the best course. The problem is isolationism will bring the biggest country to its knees, Imperial China was a hulking giant 500 years ago, when the Mings scraped the Zhonghe fleet and focused internally it stagnated, the Manchu continued this isolationism and then a freaking island nation kicked their asses!

Also isolationism in no longer possible in the globalized world, whether for good or ill, America needs to keep messing in other nations affairs as it is better than the alternative.

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Not "Messing in other nation's affairs" is not isolationism. Countries such as Poland and Italy don't go around backing rebels or starting "conflicts" in various countries (Post Cold War), but they are involved in the EU, therefore not isolationist.

China is a rather bad example. You forgot to mention how the country was involved in a civil war, and how a large portion of the country was still ruled by warlords. The country was extremely divided with a poor economy. Any of the major powers of the time could've walked over the country twice. 

You said Georgia and it took me way too long to realize you didn't mean the state.

But I agree with you. From what I understand, they (Russians) have been standing outside of Russian political buildings. Which is completely understandable
If you  knew that a group of people almost hated you and wanted to have no connection with you, why wouldn't you defend all the things that mean something to you.

Also, wasn't Chernobyl in Ukraine?

Probably should've specified that :wacko:

And yes, yes it is.

"To say that nothing is true is to realise that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted is to understand that we are the architects of our actions and that we must live with our consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

So, now that Russia has told Ukranian soldiers to leave Crimea, does anyone doubt that something awful is about to happen?

Take a look at the RTS, the russian stock index: http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/RTSI$:IND

Minus 11.4% on one day... looks like good ol' western capitalism might be far more destructive than any military.

• Upvote 1

So, now that Russia has told Ukranian soldiers to leave Crimea, does anyone doubt that something awful is about to happen?

To be fair, he ordered them back to their bases in Crimea, not back to Russian soil.

They were literally just doing military exercises hours ago so we'll see if Putin's finally backing down a tad or prepping to go into Eastern Ukraine in order to "protect" those people as well...

Main concern though should be those Russian troops who apparently aren't Russian who made up the vanguard in Crimea

4DKO1Df450x175_zps30h9x0af.png

I want to see Russia try to invade America (though I know that it won't happen).

Just a couple of Russian boats come up a river, and some rednecks walk out of there house and say:
"Hey, boy! Whatchu think yer doin' round here? Get back ta yer own land!"

• Upvote 1

DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE!

YOU ARE A PIRATE!