Hypocrisy, Controversy, and Religion

PiratePaul

Coach,

That has happened. There is a difference.

Well then....if that's the case, then it's probably been this way since the beginning of man-kind and if thats the case, those folks writing the religous texts were obviously not in the know back then and were more than likely writing on what they thought should be right and wrong.  Not to put down any religion or any faith base, as I consider myself a christian (non-denomiational), but to follow a set of guidelines and rules from hundreds if not thousands of years ago.....blindly....without somewhat of a questioning attitude, to me, is somewhat silly.  If we, as a society as a whole, followed the letter of the law of all these old religous text, we'd still be living in the bronze age, putting people to death for adultry, outcasting women for having children out of wedlock, stoneing people to death, etc.  At what point does faith in an unseen idea, balance out with science and reason? 

X4EfkAB.png

Well then....if that's the case, then it's probably been this way since the beginning of man-kind and if thats the case, those folks writing the religous texts were obviously not in the know back then and were more than likely writing on what they thought should be right and wrong. 

But that's not possible, because God wrote the Bible, and God created everything, so sure God was "in the know back then." Or are you a Christian who doesn't believe the Bible is the Word of God?

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

But that's not possible, because God wrote the Bible, and God created everything, so sure God was "in the know back then." Or are you a Christian who doesn't believe the Bible is the Word of God?

God did not write the Bible. It was mostly prophets, diciples, and Jewish and Christians of the times along with stories passed down.

Usually, heteros choose to have sex with whom they're attracted to. Homos are supposed to not have sex with whom theyre attracted to? They should burden a woman with a passionless marriage to satisfy an old book? They should miss out on one of life's most rewarding experiences by being celibate?

No, everyone should know and accept themselves.

That is what I am saying. That person chooses who they have sex with. They may not be as attracted to that person, but they still can choose.

DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE!

YOU ARE A PIRATE!

God did not write the Bible. It was mostly prophets, diciples, and Jewish and Christians of the times along with stories passed down.

Don't confuse yourself. Technically the bible was written by God. His word was given to prophets by the Holy Ghost and their words were inspired by the Holy Ghost (and for you Trinitarians out there, Jesus = God = The Holy Ghost. They're not 3 different people you bumbling idiots).

Now, as far as old/new testament rules to follow, it seems like everyone is getting it wrong in these debates. God gave commands as to what laws Gentiles need to follow, but damn it all if I can't find the verse. I'll have an answer by late tonight. The point is, most of the levitical law (like not being able to eat shellfish and the !@#$ about wearing clothing of several fabrics) isn't necessary for Gentiles, and I love it when fedoracores use that argument because it shows just how little they cared to look into the thing they so passionately hate.

Now in tune with that there are some things Gentiles are still told to follow, and yes that does include homosexuality being a sin. Sorry, good 'ol liberal Christians, Jesus calls homosexuality an abomination (which means he hates it) and that's not going to change. No amount of new-age preaching is going to change that, as the bible itself says there is no new revelation under the sun, so the same law that's been written since the days of the appostles is the same law of today.

Now, look at my meaning. That doesn't give Christ!@#$s the right to hate on homos and stuff, but they aren't supposed to support or condone it. I'm not even a Christian but don't be two-faced about your god.

• Upvote 2
1uBr6Lp.png?1

Sorry, good 'ol liberal Christians, Jesus calls homosexuality an abomination (which means he hates it) and that's not going to change.

Citation needed. The only part of the New Testament that discusses homosexuality, to my knowledge, are the monstrosities penned by the First Troll.

I don't really understand why people believe the New Testament is the world of God and/or Jesus. It was written hundreds of times by hundreds of different authors, none of which talked to or met Jesus, possibly not even his disciples. For all we know, some of Jesus' disciples could've been openly homosexual.

"To say that nothing is true is to realise that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted is to understand that we are the architects of our actions and that we must live with our consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Citation needed. The only part of the New Testament that discusses homosexuality, to my knowledge, are the monstrosities penned by the First Troll.

1 Cor. 6:9 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind"

Call it a troll if you want, but that's between you and god.

I don't really understand why people believe the New Testament is the world of God and/or Jesus. It was written hundreds of times by hundreds of different authors, none of which talked to or met Jesus, possibly not even his disciples. For all we know, some of Jesus' disciples could've been openly homosexual.

Actually the bible is very acturate in its course of translation. Ever heard of the Dead Sea Scrolls? They're being translated as we speak and they're validating our modern translation of the bible to the T.

Both of you are gonna have to try harder if you want to disprove what this religion is obviously against.

1uBr6Lp.png?1

That is what I am saying. That person chooses who they have sex with. They may not be as attracted to that person, but they still can choose.

That's kinda the same as a religion that tells a hetro he should have sex with men, not women - regardless of his inclinations and lack of attraction to other men.

Saying you can't do it and saying it is a sin is two different things.

Like, your told not to have unprotected sex, but your not told that you can't.

DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE!

YOU ARE A PIRATE!

1 Cor. 6:9 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind"

Call it a troll if you want, but that's between you and god.

1 Cor., unless I am sorely mistaken, is an abbreviation that stands for "Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians." Therefore, I renew my request for a citation that demonstrates that "Jesus calls homosexuality an abomination" (your words).

As I said, Paul was not a Christian: he was the First Troll. Even if I accept that he was a Christian, though, he is certainly not Jesus.

1 Cor., unless I am sorely mistaken, is an abbreviation that stands for "Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians." Therefore, I renew my request for a citation that demonstrates that "Jesus calls homosexuality an abomination" (your words).

As I said, Paul was not a Christian: he was the First Troll. Even if I accept that he was a Christian, though, he is certainly not Jesus.

I didn't want to bother with Old Testament scripture because I'm almost 100% certain you'll throw it away since you probably don't know what you're talking about, but I'll give it to you since you insist.

Lev. 18:22-30, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. 23 Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion. 24 Do not defile yourselves by any of these things; for by all these the nations which I am casting out before you have become defiled 25 ‘For the land has become defiled, therefore I have visited its punishment upon it, so the land has spewed out its inhabitants. 26 But as for you, you are to keep My statutes and My judgments, and shall not do any of these abominations, neither the native, nor the alien who sojourns among you 27 (for the men of the land who have been before you have done all these abominations, and the land has become defiled); 28 so that the land may not spew you out, should you defile it, as it has spewed out the nation which has been before you. 29 ‘For whoever does any of these abominations, those persons who do so shall be cut off from among their people. 30 ‘Thus you are to keep My charge, that you do not practice any of the abominable customs which have been practiced before you, so as not to defile yourselves with them; I am the Lord your God.’"

That was given to the Isrealites by God, and Jesus said he came to confirm the law, not get rid of it. Sorry guys, but Jesus didn't tell people they could throw away the Old Testament. And if you've been following me so far, Jesus and God are the same person.

Oh and here's that bit I was getting to on why only some of Leviticus matters.

[Note: These are not my words]

Three divisions of the Law in Leviticus

A common mistake made by homosexual proponents when discussing the Old Testament, in particular Leviticus, is the failure to understand the three main divisions of the Law:  civil, ceremonial, and moral.  This is important because the civil and ceremonial law are not in effect now, but the moral law is.  Let's take a look at these divisions within the book of Leviticus since it is the book under examination.

1. Civil - Expired with the demise of the Jewish civil government
    1. Justice practices (Lev. 24:17-23)
    2. Law of property redemption (Lev. 25)
    3. Be just with the poor, (Lev. 19:15)
    4. Do not hate in your heart (Lev. 19:17)
    5. Retain just scales in commerce (Lev. 19:35f)
    6. Robbery, extortion, false witness, and restitution (Lev. 6:1-7)
  2. Ceremonial - Expired with the fulfillment of priestly work of Christ (Matt. 3:15)
    1. Various sacrificial offerings for sin (Lev. 1,2,3,4,5,6)
    2. Priestly duties (Lev. 7:1-37)
    3. Laws on animals for food (Lev. 11:1-47)
    4. Cleaning house of leper (Lev. 14:33-57)
    5. Law of Atonement (Lev. 16:1-28;17:1-16)
    6. Regulations for Priests (Lev. 21,22)
    7. Festivals (Lev. 23:1-25)
  3. Moral - No Expiration because it is based on God's character.  "You shall be holy, for I the Lord your God am holy," (Lev. 19:2)
    1. Do not steal or lie (Lev. 19:11)
    2. Do not oppress your neighbor (Lev. 19:13)
    3. No idolatry (Lev. 26:1-13)
    4. Don't sacrifice children to Molech (Lev. 20:1-5)
    5. Don't commit adultery, incest, bestiality, homosexuality, etc. (Lev. 20:9-21)
    6. You shall love your neighbor as yourself (Lev. 19:18)
  • Upvote 1
1uBr6Lp.png?1

Last Sunday while at church the pastor (or whoever was speaking I don't know how this shit works it's been ages since I last went) said a few things while reading from "the word of god" that I think apply to this.

"Love your neighbor as you love yourself"

"Love your enemy"

"Is it wrong for you to love your brother? Do the pagans not love theirs?"

"Do not hate those that do not believe what you believe, love them. If they ask for your shirt, give it to them"

Glory to the divine bush for he protects. When evil flies over head in his bombers, he will not see targets, only bushes. When his army of darkness comes to harm you, they shall get lost in the endless bush. The bush loves you, as you love the bush.

Az6EzuS.png

Jesus said, "love one another even as I have loved you".

That's very different from "...as you love yourself"

Jesus didn't overthrow the Mosaic law, but he gave a "higher" commandment. Meaning if you follow his one simple commandment, you don't need to bother learning the 3000 rules in the Talmud.

Jesus was kind to a whore and defended an adulterer. How do you think he would treat a homosexual?

On the other hand, he whipped the defilers of the temple. How do you think he would treat preachers that defile his words?

Jesus said, "love one another even as I have loved you".

That's very different from "...as you love yourself"

Jesus didn't overthrow the Mosaic law, but he gave a "higher" commandment. Meaning if you follow his one simple commandment, you don't need to bother learning the 3000 rules in the Talmud.

Jesus was kind to a whore and defended an adulterer. How do you think he would treat a homosexual?

On the other hand, he whipped the defilers of the temple. How do you think he would treat preachers that defile his words?

Hate the sin, not the sinner. Jesus loved the sinner and would show compassion towards them in the hope that they would come to him for salvation.

That doesn't mean he condoned their actions.

• Upvote 1
1uBr6Lp.png?1

Obongo, I must say, you have this down.

• Upvote 1

There is no order and no meaning,

there is only the truth of The Signal.

The Signal ever transmits from here

to the eyes and ears of the 'verse.

Can't Stop The Signal.