will athiesm be fall of america?

Captain_Vietnam

Ruth

A key part of this debate is to go through the Bible and if I can find any instances where homosexuality is not condemned then I can win the debate on that ground. 

Do not press me to leave you or to turn back from following you! Where you go, I will go; where you lodge I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die, I will die — there will I be buried. May the Lord do thus and so to me, and more as well, if even death parts me from you!†(Ruth 1:16-17)

Sounds like love to me concidering that we also say many things like this at weddings. We can see that when put into the context of the story we can see that when a man died a woman was unable to inheret the land. A woman without a man had no social standing in that time peroid. Ruth felt a great amount of feeling for Naomi where the Bible says, "Ruth Clung to Naomi" (Ruth 1:14). The Hebrew word for Clung is Dabaq. Though this word is also used for other loving instances, but the one place that it actually appears in the Bible outside of Ruth is that of Genesis 2 when Adam met Eve. 

wjd-billboard-ruth-naomi.jpg

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1

Levictus 18:22

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination."

Levictus 20:13

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."

Sodom and Gomorrah I wont even quote, but I will say that the historical context of these stories is quite clear. What does the word sodomy mean and where does it come from? Are you trying to say that these cities were literally punished for no reason when the reasons are obviously explained?

The traditional interpretation of Naomi, Ruth, David and Jonathan is a relationship of philia.

Romans 1:26-27

"26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

I could continue quoting, but I wont. It's pointless. If the interpretations you gave are correct then why is this such a common theme in the bible that is not clarified in the ways which you've listed? For example, you say that references to homosexuality in Levictus are actually referencing pagans rather than the act of homosexuality. If this is true, then why is the verse condemning homosexuality, rather than the pagans?

Sure, we can speculate and say "well X is actually referring to Y, even though it clearly appears to be X and makes no mention of Y" but that's pretty damn far fetched if you ask me.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.