I have seen a lot of discussions on the different ways to tweak the espionage system in the game and I thought I should highlight what I liked here:
- Alex said something about using the logarithmic scale to tone down the power difference between different numbers of spies.
- Reducing the amount of damage spies can do to military units which are currently overkill.
I would primarily like to write on the subject of bounties.
1. Spies should be able to investigate the identity of who placed bounties.
2. In fact, we could go further by giving it two tiers: Open bounties where the client’s name is visible or closed (anonymous) bounties where 50 spies would have a 5 % chance of detecting the client’s name. The closed bounties should cost 25% more while the open one will remain free. I would leave it to the community to decide whether the closed bounties can only be investigated by the victim over like 3 times or can be open to the alliance members with lower odds for detection in each try).
3. I would leave it the community to debate whether or not bounties should be time limited, starting from 3 months real world time to say 6 months. With the option to renew given to the client who placed the bounty. After like 6 months, the bounty is automatically rescinded. A new bounty would then have to be placed and the money will be lost for the client.
4. Multi campaign bounties which can be graded as part of a package along with what I call a lower limit. If someone achieves the lower limit, the remaining amount should be refunded to the client. Say I want to place a $50 million bounty on someone for 5K infra damage. I want to specify how he should be attacked across multiple campaigns with the money divided between each incremental step/ milestone (aka infra damage). 500 infra is the lower limit here.
Like for 5 K infra damage: 500 infra- 5 million, 1K infra- 10 million, 3 K infra-15 million, 5 K infra- 20 million.
This way, even if I can only damage 3K infra across all the campaigns, I can elect to receive 30 million and pull out of the campaign. 20 million would be given to the client. Or the game could refund 75% of that. Any way Alex choses.
I realise we would have to introduce the concept of a campaign. Two wars will be considered part of a campaign if the ending of one war and the beginning of the next are no more than 2 weeks apart. There would be a max no of wars that count: say 3.
Please consider the above