Should Dog Meat Be Legal?

Captain_Vietnam

Mericans not eating dog meat is for two primary reasons: dogs are charming and dogs are more useful alive than dead in most instances. It helps that most modern Mericans have had the good fortune to be picky about what they eat. That is a rarity in world history.

I would not eat dog unless desperate, but would eat horse if offered and have eaten crickets.

No. America is not Vietnam. We have an emotional attachment to dogs here, and the thought of eating a dog is morally repugnant to most Americans. Furthermore, America has one of the highest per capita incomes in the world, so we cannot use the excuse of poverty or lack of other options to justify eating a dog. A dog is an enduring symbol of friendship that resonates through the history of our literature, art, and film. In America, dogs are considered members of the family to which they belong, and their owners are charged with their well being, so if you scour the streets of suburbia looking for a dog to eat, I can assure you the consequences will not be pleasant.

i do not understand the law in america

why isn't it allow to eat dog? 

cannibalism isn't the same as eating people as it murder!

It is just the basic views of our different societies. The use of dogs has historically been through using them as tools, travelling companions, and quite widely used now as domesticated pets and parts of our families - so the view on dogs, cats, and most other domesticated animals here in the USA is its very ODD to consume them, as it is our mentality. They are cute fuzzy creatures that bring joy - not a full stomach. Hence the laws on domesticated animals. 

In your society its seen different - they are looked at as a source of food/nutrition and that is fine by me. What you eat isn't what I eat and your society isn't my society. If dog meat was legal...read below.

I don't see any reason why dog meat should be illegal, so long as it's regulated and treated like any other meat.

It was a pleasure serving this community - Stay Frosty!

Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC

• 2 weeks later...