Rozalia vs Ibrahim, on Islamic Misdeeds

Rozalia

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who is correct in this matter?

What happened to your parents?

Well, I moved out. Still see them when I can, though.

Well, I'm going to go about respecting everyone's beliefs until I read each religious text and point out the flaws. Ibrahim, do you believe reading the Qu'ran in it's native language of Arabic is necessary to understand it? Because if so, it may take a while.

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

Well, I moved out. Still see them when I can, though.

That's good.

Well, I'm going to go about respecting everyone's beliefs until I read each religious text and point out the flaws.

The 3 Abrahamic religions are a perfect starting point.

Ibrahim, do you believe reading the Qu'ran in it's native language of Arabic is necessary to understand it? Because if so, it may take a while.

Nope, just reading the translation is enough, and for a better understanding you can read the Tafisir (commentary) for each verse in English which will break it down for you. More than this would require learning Quranic Arabic but I don't think that is necessary.

ztt5Wgs.png

The 3 Abrahamic religions are a perfect starting point.

Ironic.

Society it is.

A perfect starting point would actually be a religion that doesn't have such a heavy handed approach to following it. Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, Taoism, and such would likely be good in that regard. Going by the 3 Abrahamic religions would just dirty the mind when it came time to learn about the others.

Why are ISIS destroying the secular buildings of Palmyra Ibrahim? Who benefits from the loss of historic monuments? Surely it is your history that defines the culture of a people, such as the Syrians.

Edited by Rob Ap Ioan

Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

Why are ISIS destroying the secular buildings of Palmyra Ibrahim?

Short answer is they aren't; if that were the case then they would have levelled the Palmyra ruins by now and be done with it. They are specifically going after things they deem idolatrous or think could lead to idolatry such as certain buildings, things with human/animal faces carved into it, statues, and the like.

Who benefits from the loss of historic monuments? Surely it is your history that defines the culture of a people, such as the Syrians.

I.S. would have the most to benefit as they want to reshape the region around religious identify instead of national/cultural identities. That doesn't mean however that they're systematically destroying all historical sites, and it's worth noting that they control many historical sites across Syria and Iraq that have been completly untouched.

ztt5Wgs.png

What happens when the people, quite reasonably, want to keep their identity?

They are not trying to erase their national/cultural identity; It's just that in their view, religious identity takes precedence.

Also, I fixed your spelling and grammar.

You can also say "levelled". -_-

ztt5Wgs.png

Levelled is correct in Englsh.

The problem is that for many nations Religion is part of national identity, why is IS trying to break people? Is that really what Allah wants? Forcing people to change their beliefs leads to contempt from those people. IS seems to be an organisation of terror, killing anyone who stands up against their ideology, the archaeologist of Palmyra being a prime example.

Edited by Rob Ap Ioan

And disregards the rest

The problem is that for many nations Religion is part of national identity, why is IS trying to break people? Is that really what Allah wants? Forcing people to change their beliefs leads to contempt from those people.

They only control Sunni territories in Syria and Iraq so they aren't exactly forcing the population to change their beliefs.

killing anyone who stands up against their ideology, the archaeologist of Palmyra being a prime example.

Let's not blow things out of proportion; he worked for the Assad regime that has been indiscriminately bombing the civilian population for years and was a member of Assad's political party. I guarantee you he would have met the same fate had he fallen into the hands of any of the rebel groups or had they simply tied him up in the centre of town and left him to the civilians of any city that had recently experienced barrel bombing.

Edited by Ibrahim
ztt5Wgs.png

No?

They recently held Shia areas in Iraq, are attempting to completely take over Assyrian Christian territory, and have completely devastated the Yezidi areas.

Are you seriously still blatantly lying to an audience that you KNOW will fact check everything you say, or are you just retarded?

Retarted probably.
  • Upvote 1

Now, now......whilst Ibrahim's views, as understood by us, may be detestable there is no need to go with the insults. It is probably not his fault that he holds such views.

And disregards the rest

It'd be like some loony here blowing up Stonehenge, a loss for the world. 

A greater loss would be the hundreds of thousands of women and children that were blown up by whatever despotic regime came to power in the UK.

Watch as Ibrahim tries to slither his way out of acknowledging the Arch. If addressed I have my money on "it's an Israeli conspiracy, ISIS would not do that".

Let see... every time they did something of this nature they released high quality images or HD videos or both and explained exactly why they did it. That has yet to happen with this "Arch" so lets wait and see before getting all hyped up about this inanimate object.

P.S You lose: Send me a days worth of income asap ;)

No it don't work like that. They're Sunnis on the same level that the Ku Klux Klan are Protestants, as in loonies most people of their own faith don't want around.

I thought you said you would watch this PBS documentary when you had the time?

Only video on YouTube for that documentary.

First of all if you work at a state owned Museum you're going to logically work for the state, in this case Assad, nothing insidious there. Oh no he had a party membership. I suppose Labour party members during the Blair years were all guilty too even though many protested against Blair's aggression.

When did he protest against Assad's actions? 

On his Wikipedia page it says he was a "staunch supporter" of Assad right up until his death.

Would you agree that attacks against Muslims in Britain for ISIS's villainous attacks is warranted? Guilt by association after all, both are Muslims, so both should feel the sting. Yes or no?

1. He was actually a member of Assad's regime. 

2. Not all Muslims are soldiers of I.S. or part of their government.

No?

They recently held Shia areas in Iraq, are attempting to completely take over Assyrian Christian territory, and have completely devastated the Yezidi areas.

You are bringing up the exceptions to rule.

Are you seriously still blatantly lying to an audience that you KNOW will fact check everything you say, or are you just retarded?

Not lying. Don't use a mental disability as an insult.

Edited by Ibrahim
ztt5Wgs.png

So the exceptions are literally every single minority in the area?

99% of the territory they control is Sunni and there is a war so territories will undoubtedly exchange hands; also what you listed is far from being "every single minority", and I am not aware of them taking any Shia held areas.

Edited by Ibrahim
ztt5Wgs.png

A greater loss would be the hundreds of thousands of women and children that were blown up by whatever despotic regime came to power in the UK.

??? That has zero relation to what you just quoted. If some loony blew up Stonehenge it wouldn't be because of the government, it'd more than likely be because he'd be as sick in the head as your buddies ISIS. 

Let see... every time they did something of this nature they released high quality images or HD videos or both and explained exactly why they did it. That has yet to happen with this "Arch" so lets wait and see before getting all hyped up about this inanimate object.

P.S You lose: Send me a days worth of income asap ;)

Actually no I don't because your response was that there is in fact a conspiracy. Predictable as I said.

I thought you said you would watch this PBS documentary when you had the time?

Only video on YouTube for that documentary.

I actually completely forgot to but just sum it up for me as I assume you've watched it yourself. 

When did he protest against Assad's actions? 

On his Wikipedia page it says he was a "staunch supporter" of Assad right up until his death.

I didn't say he protested, read it again. 

And? How can you on one hand claim that you are this pious person because you're a Muslim and yet have such a callous care for life? There is a reason people call ISIS a death cult, and as time goes on by extension Islam. Learn some compassion, real compassion, not your false manufactured theology based bunkum.

Most people in Syria (more so now) support Assad with the enemies in Syria mostly foreigners propped up by Saudi Arabia/America/Turkey. No big shocker he would vote for Assad. 

1. He was actually a member of Assad's regime. 

2. Not all Muslims are soldiers of I.S. or part of their government.

I know someone who works for the state and votes for the Tory party, they are part of Cameron's regime! No, unless they're military or are directly contributing to the war effort then no you're wrong, and even then it's shaky as for example a nurse could be helping the war effort, and most people (not yourself included) I assume wouldn't class them as "part of the regime".

No by your logic found above you've justified it. Angry at ISIS? Kill random Muslims! They're part of the death cult too! How infantile are you to not recognize what the implications would be if everyone followed your messed up logic. 

99% of the territory they control is Sunni and there is a war so territories will undoubtedly exchange hands; also what you listed is far from being "every single minority", and I am not aware of them taking any Shia held areas.

You're the same guy who said with absolute certainty that ISIS would never harm a women. I'm surprised you haven't said that ISIS would never harm minorities, though I suppose saying they've not really come into contact with any (sizable) minorities is the next best thing for you.

Edited by Rozalia
  • Upvote 2