FOFA - $1,000,000+ PER DAY IN PRIZES - International Soccer

ReaverAxis

World Rankings & Fixtures Found Here

Challenges Can Be Issued to Other Teams Here

v8skMdZ.gif

One of the greatest equalizers in the world has been and always will be sport, where nation size, infrastructure, and military might can be put aside so that two elite teams of athletes can battle for their nations on the pitch.  

FOFA's intention is to act as a governing body for international competition in the sport of football throughout Orbis. Does your nation have what it takes to be the world number one?  

What is this?

FOFA is a minigame that was created to add a little bit of excitement and new opportunities for roleplaying within Orbis. FOFA uses a soccer match simulator (using Google Sheets) that will take the ratings of two teams and output a match result (with a bit of luck involved).

Sounds good.  How do I sign up?

1) Post here with your country info, as well as a link to your country.  

2) Post a team name if desired. (teams without names default to the nation name)

3) Post the number of cities you have.

4) I'll create your team in the simulator, and you'll be ready to play matches.

What are the attributes of my team?

FOFA teams have the following attributes in the simulator:

• Rank - Your rank within the FOFA organization.  Teams are ranked based on their Rating.
  • Rating - Your team's Strength + Form + Wins - Losses + ((Capacity)/2.5).  New teams start with no Rating, but will be rated after their first five matches.
  • Strength - The basic rating of your team's skill.  Team's with higher Strength tend to win most of their matches (though there is some luck involved and lower-strength teams can beat higher-strength teams occasionally). Your team starts with Strength 100.
  • Form - Form is affected by your team's wins and losses.  If a lower-ranked team beats a higher-ranked team, the most form that team can gain is 500. If a lower-ranked team beats a higher-ranked team, the higher rank now loses 20 percent of the form gained by the opponent. (e.g. 500 gained by opponent = 100 lost by the loser).  If a higher rank beats a lower rank, the winner gains 1 and the loser loses 1.  If the win came on the road, the winner gains 2 and the loser loses 2.
  • Losing Form - Normally, a loss costs you 1 Form (2 if losing at home). You can lose more Form by losing to inferior opponents.  You lose 5 form for losing to an opponent with a lower rating at the start of the match.  You lose 10 form if that loss comes at home.
  • Capacity - The capacity of your team's home stadium.  A bigger stadium provides a more intimidating atmosphere to the visiting team, giving the home team advantages in matches.  Your team starts with a stadium that can hold 10,000 fans.  Each city adds 20,000 to Capacity.

How do simulations work?

Challenges and match reports can be found in this thread: http://politicsandwa...results-thread/

Once a match is declared, it will be simulated.  If there is a wager involved, the other player must accept before the match will be simmed.  Simulations work as follows:

1. A coin is tossed to determine the home and away team.  Exception to this rule is during tournament fixtures where seeding is in play (high seed is home).  In World Cup games, all matches will be played at a neutral site (no home-field advantage).
  2. The two teams are entered into the simulator, and a match number is calculated for each.  The match number is calculated based on each team's Strength, Form, and Capacity.  Attendance is a semi-controllable factor for the home team: the teams get a random attendance factor based on the Capacity - a random number (sellouts provide more power than weak attendance, and remember that visiting fans will be there too!).  Finally, there are uncontrollable factors, such as Referee (randomly generated) and Luck (randomly generated).
  3. The team with the highest match number wins the match.  The simulator will output a series of scores, and I will choose the most realistic one (i.e. if the sim outputs 10-9, 11-5, and 3-1 as the scores, I will choose 3-1 as it is the most realistic).
  4. Draws are re-simmed, no penalty kicks

What can I win?

A daily payout of $1,000,000 will be made to the World Number One nation, as an incentive to rise to the top of the rankings.

The second and third place teams each day win $200,000 and $100,000, respectively.

In addition, a World Cup will periodically be held, with a larger prize for the champion.  

How do I make my team better?

The team management thread can be found here.

Strength:

Your team starts with 100 strength.  Any point above 100 costs $10,000.

It costs $1,000,000 to gain 100 strength, for example.

Capacity

Teams start with a base of 10,000 Capacity and each additional city adds 20,000 Capacity.

Where can I play matches?

http://politicsandwa...results-thread/

Players may bet on matches.  However, I will not serve as the intermediary for any bets.  If you wager someone, beat them, and they don't pay you, there is nothing that can be done to make them pay you on my side.  However, if one manager has multiple reports of reneging on bets, I may just remove that manager from FOFA.

Will there be a World Cup?

As of now we have hosted three World Cups. Each World Cup will take place every 6-8 weeks,

Edited by Pope Tyler Durden IV

As a way to celebrate the close of the third World Cup as well as to encourage more nations to participate in FOFA, all new teams that sign up will gain an additional 100 strength for a total of 200 base strength to start.

This event will run until Monday, September 14th.

This event has ended.

Edited by Pope Tyler Durden IV

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...