Changes to the Navy

Buorhann

Option 1:  Add in a small anti-air fire number for when opponents air strike your ships, so that they may do some damage.  Think like the population of a nation naturally adding in defense calculations against Ground attacks.

Option 2:  Reduce costs of Ships, either the initial cost or the upkeep cost.

Option 3:  Change blockades.  Make it where you need to have either 1) Equal number of Ships to your opponents Cities or 2) Double the Ships to your opponents Cities - in order for a blockade to be established ( Not required to be held though ).  This will hopefully reduce the chance of the blockade bug ( Where an opponent has no ships, but still keeps a blockade on you till you strike against the non-existent Navy ).

Navy is just too vulnerable to Airstrikes for it's initial cost and cost of upkeep.  Granted it does inflict a lot of Infrastructure damage, it's still far cheaper to rely on Airstrikes ( Both in resource cost in rebuilding and upkeep - however it does take longer to max out the Airforce ).

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

Navy is just too vulnerable to Airstrikes for it's initial cost and cost of upkeep.  Granted it does inflict a lot of Infrastructure damage, it's still far cheaper to rely on Airstrikes ( Both in resource cost in rebuilding and upkeep - however it does take longer to max out the Airforce ).

A maxed out airforce also requires 5 slots per city rather than 3 slots per city of a maxed out navy. But I agree overall.

77oKn5K.png

A maxed out airforce also requires 5 slots per city rather than 3 slots per city of a maxed out navy. But I agree overall.

But an AF can attack air, infra, tanks, money, and ships while a navy can only damage ships and infra. You can lose 10+ ships in a single strike, costing hundreds of thousands at the cost of a couple dozen planes (tens of thousands). No navy in the world is helpless against aircraft. personally I would add both an AA factor to them for defense and an ability to target air bases in an attack as you can bet naval missiles would be able to strike aircraft on the ground (same 4 point cost).

• Upvote 1

No navy in the world is helpless against aircraft. personally I would add both an AA factor to them for defense and an ability to target air bases in an attack as you can bet naval missiles would be able to strike aircraft on the ground (same 4 point cost).

I can see that. Give the Navy the opportunity to damage air bases or ground targets.

The additional cost and upkeep of them over Planes would justify the damage they could do.

• Downvote 1

Naval bombardment would be cool. I'd keep the rest the same though. Navy is practical if you've got a big enough air force to protect it - just like RL. A powerful navy without air control has been a sitting suck since WW2.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong