Hearts of Iron General

Hearts_Of_Iron_4_61818.jpg

"What is Hearts of Iron?"

Hearts of Iron is a game series by Paradox. They make grand strategy games that cover different periods of human history. The Hearts of Iron series covers the time period between 1914 - 1969 (depending on which game in the series it is). It tries to stay historically accurate, although it's more of a guideline for the AI and each game is likely to have some ahistorical moments (Nazis win, Soviet Union conquers Europe, USA conquesr the West Hemisphere, etc).

What's your favorite game in the series?
Favorite/preferred countries?

Strategies?
Fun stories?

My favorite HoI is torn between Darkest Hour (more of a mod of Hearts of Iron 2 that ended up becoming its own game) and 3. In both my favorite country to play as is Argentina, since it's powerful enough to develop a good military (at least good enough to conquer the damned Brazilians) by 1939 when all hell breaks loose, and I can either allign to the Axis or the Allies fairly easily.

1uBr6Lp.png?1

Darkest Hour. Much less micromanagement then Hoi3 and a better map and gameplay then HoI2. And still techteams  :)

Best mod: 

Kaiserreich (if it doesn't ctd.... )

ALL IN ONE with World in Flames II DH 1.04 RC1

Although I prefer 3, I have no choice but to play DH for the mods as Kaiserrich and New World Order 2 are great.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win