Bonuses for Having Extra Food

Lirisa

I think it would be nice to increase the value of food, so I thought it would be interesting to have small bonuses for having extra food.

Here's a rough idea of what I was thinking.

If nation has 124.9 % or less of needed food, no bonus is given. Previous starvation penalties still apply.

If nation has 125 - 199.9% of needed food,your workers are well-fed. 10 % bonus to all resource buildings (including farms).To apply after weather bonus or penalty. 5  % bonus to all manufacturing buildings. 1 % to commerce buildings.

If nation has 150 - 199.9 % of needed food, Your soldiers are well-feed.After munition bonus is applied, if applicable, 10 % of soldiers fighting value will be added to their value. Your workers are well-fed still applies.

if nation has 200% or greater of needed food, Your nation is prepared for anything. 25 % bonus to all resource buildings, 10 % bonus to all manufacturing buildings, 5 % to all commerce buildings, and 10 % of the value of each military unit is added to those units. No other food bonus applies.

The extra resources are not used.

This also has the effect of smaller nations a little help as considering smaller nations will have smaller populaces they will need fewer food to get the bonuses that larger nations would.

Edited by Lirisa
  • Upvote 1

Her Royal Highness, Princess Lirisa of The Principality of Sortana

Director of Foreign Affairs for Green Protection Agency. 

Sanguinem , et aurum , et Viridis!

As someone who is currently sitting on 32,000 food, I support this.

The bonuses might need some adjusting to be balanced, but this is an interesting idea.

• Upvote 1

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

At peace time I produce almost quadruple of what food my nation need to support itself. This suggestion would just drive everyone to switch to farm build :v

The idea is fine, but the extras are way too massive

• Upvote 1
UedhRvY.png

At peace time I produce almost quadruple of what food my nation need to support itself. This suggestion would just drive everyone to switch to farm build :v

The idea is fine, but the extras are way too massive

The bonuses could be nerfed, as the kids are calling it these days.Perhaps make the food needed to get the bonus a littler higher. This is just the general idea I had. 

Edited by Lirisa

Why the hell would the mere existence of food result in bonuses?

"Wow look at all that food in the fridge! I'M GOING TO WORK SO MUCH HARDER!!!"

I like to think of it something like a morale boast in a way. You are a citizen of a small city-state that may be susceptible to attacks and starvation, so knowing that food is there, you feel more secure, or you could think of it as they are actually being well-fed,even if it's not reflected in actually consuming the extra food, and I imagine eating improves work efficiency, soldiering, as long as you don't do it while you're working.

"Look at all that food in the local supply!We won't starve to death!"

As someone who is currently sitting on 32,000 food, I support this.

The bonuses might need some adjusting to be balanced, but this is an interesting idea.

^_^ Yeah, they probably need a little balancing, if considered further. 

while the idea is sound.  25% is extreme for a bonus.

imo, 5% would be better.

Yeah, some nerfing is probably in order. Thanks for the input.=^-^=