Solomon

To kill or not to kill  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which of them would you kill?

• Mohammed Morsi
    • Dzhokhar Tsarnaev
    • Both of them
    • Neither of them

Apparently, we're too late to decide about the fate of North Korea's former Defence Minister Hyon Yong-chol, but there are two high profile executions on the menu, Egyptian Mohammed Morsi and Chechen American Dzhokhar Tsarneav. What's your rationale for killing them or not?

6hu5nt.jpg

I look forward to how they stylishly and brutally kill the next guy.

They have done mortars zero'd on a location, anti-aircraft fire. i really dont know how they'll surprise us next.

HoloSig2017.png.afe1505c82cc3db09be025a9

Tsarnaev deserves a firing squad, not a lethal injection.

I heard somewhere that, although lethal injection looks harmless to observer, it is actually more painful to the person executed. High rate of failure, and sometimes people sometimes survives the execution and have to be injected again.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

I think the main goal of trying to execute Tsarnaev is that if he freaks out and makes ridiculous attempts to appeal his death penalty sentence, it'll destroy his credibility as a martyr to disaffected Muslims in the United States, which is the best possible result of a Tsarnaev execution. It's not entirely unlikely, Tsarnaev is a dumb-looking kid, and if he were serious about martyrdom, he would have called his lawyers and waived his right to a defense or turned his trial into a Islamic fundamentalist pulpit.

On the other hand, if he has any sense, he's going to die anyways and rotting in jail is pretty dumb. He committed to martyrdom the moment he blew the bombs; grandstanding and wishing death upon the infidels is the only intelligent course of action for him.

I doubt this was in the cards when the jury was deliberating on the death penalty for Tsarnaev, but this was possibly in consideration when the prosecution was considering whether or not to seek the death penalty.

===

I guess all-considered this is ultimately a very American thing, but at the same time it's also very stupid. The entire point of the Tsarnaev trial and execution should have been to attempt to embarrass him in every way possible, and make him look as pathetic as possible to the media and the world at large. Killing him or sentencing him to life is meaningless; as a jihadi he should be seeking death in the first place, and is there really a point in trying to use executions as deterrence to people who are aiming to die?

The ideal model is the Hotan attacks, where a group of disaffected Uighurs attacked a game parlor with knives and out of 3, two were beaten to death by the customers with chairs. Epic fail aside, the survivor was a kid, and he was successfully induced by the local police into making an apology, either by talking to him or beating him, although in the video no injuries are visible. It's good, because as a matter of propaganda, it's extremely effective against the myth of martyrdom because if you look at their psychology, what martyrs are afraid of is less the prospect of death, but the prospect of humiliation.

The greatest possible outcome of the Tsarnaev trial, then, would be for every disaffected American Muslim considering becoming a jihadi, to consider the laughing stock that Tsarnaev became, and then rethink whether the 72 raisins his recruiter is trying to sell him in Islamic paradise is worth becoming a joke in this life.

Edited by Inst