Anime Crew [we talk anime here] >come inside<

Makers Mark

A young man arrives at an airforce base as the newly assigned pilot of a WW2-style aircraft (based on a never-completed Japanese pusher-canard fighter), in order to engage in lethal dogfighting in a war fought by corporate entities for what is apparently entertainment purposes.

It's a meditation on love, life, free-will, and determinism, all told in the standard Oshii style. It's consequently a bit slow-paced, but it's a single movie, and for me, the way Oshii uses the color and the clouds to set a theme isn't the least bit boring to me, but I'm more or less a pervert, no?

After you watch it:

Oshii intended it as a meditation on how certain people in Japan seemed to be trapped in a never-ending childhood, with the cyclical nature of their existence (birth, life, destruction, death) to signify the lack of movement. I said the movie was slow, but that's intentional as to show the point; somehow, despite everything, nothing ever changes in their lives, and the aspect of heroism is that the protagonist tries to escape from his bonds. And yeah, they're all artificial clones built for killing and dying.

Nausicaaposter.jpg

Here's another good anime, although the Manga is significantly better. One of the reasons for that is that Nausicaa is interesting as a type of world-building, and while the movie is limited in scope, the manga takes the concept to its completion, and then to its negation.

The Princess of the Valley of the Winds lives in a post-apocalyptic landscape, after the Seven Days of Fire have resulted in the end of civilization and much of the world being replaced by Toxic Jungle, an insect-dominated biome that's hostile to humans. One day, a God Warrior, one of the devices that laid waste to the world in the cataclysm, is unearthed in Pejite, and the cargo plane carrying it crash lands in the Valley of the Winds. A neighboring power invades, seeking to use its destructive power to clear the world of the Toxic Jungle alongside unifying the lands under its rule.

The manga is MUCH MUCH better, because the manga involves the negation of half the plot of the anime. One reviewer calls Nausicaa, in the last scene, the Destroyer of Hope, but you have to read the manga to find out why.

Edited by Inst

ç°ç¾½é€£ç›Ÿ, Haibane renmei

haibane-renmei-2-by-potassium-big.jpg

Non-shit anime, referred to as the "Grand Marnier of Animu". Very adult insofar as it's pure drama; the only blood is the birth scene in the first episode.

www.hulu.com/haibane-renmei‎

Tss. This are my recommendations if you like iffy, heart rending animes

Anohana - Its about five people trying to go over their regrets. 

Clannad - This is kinda long and its redeeming piece is in the 2nd season, don't know if you can wait that long though

Your Lie in April - This is one of the new animes last year, Its an emotional ride, if you know what I mean.

War? Action? This are what I recommend.

Kingdom - This is about a young guy, wanting to be the greatest general under the heavens. Kinda Chinese History mixed in here and The battles are great.

Koyoukaisenjou no Horizon - Well a seemingly OP Main Character, Nuff Said, You'll easily get the plot over the series. 

Magi - An anime adaptation of the 101 arabian nights, heh.

Irregular at Magic High School - One of my top favorites. SUPER OP MC

Aldnoah Zero - A mecha anime, OP MC

Hope you guys find something you like in this list, hah, it would really be a long list if I recommended more

Edited by Edward The Legend