Time Machine one way trip.

James Gordon

I disagree. Not saying what Hitler did was right, but I'm skeptical that the nation would have stayed united had he not taken power. The Weimer Republic was living on borrowed money and borrowed time. Prussia and Bavaria were disagreeing a lot on politics, the whole nation was. Even though Hitler never really "won" the election, the NSDAP was easily the most popular party, but there were also a lot of communists.

When Hitler took power he simply exterminated all opposition and there were no more disagreements. In the end, I'd say that is what kept the nation together and the war and ensuing slaughter is what made the world wake the !@#$ up and realize they have to recognize the basic rights of people.

If not for all that, I think Germany would have eventually fallen apart at the expense of itself and the benefit of WWI's victors.

That is true but if the July Plot had succeeded and the Army had seized control of Germany then history would be different. Germany would probably have not been split in two by the Allies as when they surrendered they would have enough forces left in Germany to resist that. I was saying that if he had been removed from power by the military then Germany would have remained united.

nHvbDzt.png

Art by Faroreswind159

That is true but if the July Plot had succeeded and the Army had seized control of Germany then history would be different. Germany would probably have not been split in two by the Allies as when they surrendered they would have enough forces left in Germany to resist that. I was saying that if he had been removed from power by the military then Germany would have remained united.

For sure. I'm not saying the holocaust kept Germany together, but simply the fact that a strong figure finally took power and defied the unreasonable treaty of Versailles, is what kept Germany together. I have no doubt that even if he was removed before he decided to invade Czech, or even the anschluss, the nation would have rebuilt itself (considering the whole world blatantly ignored all of his direct violations of Versailles up to that point). 

All I'm saying is that prior to taking total power, Germany was ripe with division with no real solutions. Some people might point out that the economy was improving under the Weimer Republic, but it was all on borrowed money on top of an already ridiculous debt. They were borrowing money from nations they already owed overwhelming amounts to.

But for all I know, I could be wrong. I've debated this a few times, and I'm still convinced of my stance, but I've heard some pretty good arguments against this, saying the Weimer would have succeeded on it's own. However I find that idea to be hopeful thinking at best, TBQH.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

If I have to give Hitler credit for anything I have two things, 1 prevent the absolute collapse of Germany due to the terrible Treaty and 2 killing Hitler :P

nHvbDzt.png

Art by Faroreswind159

• 4 weeks later...

1) 2000+ BC - I want to see how my country was. I will travel across all India and write about it and store it in a iron box. So in future someone will find that box and learn our secret life.

2) 3000+ BC - to see dwarakan empire and want to meet Krishna.