Occupation

Techcraft2

Basically, if you win a ground war, you get to "occupy" the nation you just defeated and take a portion of their income and resources, until they are out of beige, which is when the occupation ends.

Good idea or not?

• Upvote 1

I think he means when you beige them, you get to collect a % of their revenue and production each turn while on beige, which is pointless currently since a nation can simply switch right back out of beige.

Edited by Micheal Malone

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

What I mean is, is that it is not when the are beiged, but the time of occupation simply matches that the amount of time you get of beige after losing a war. However, occupation and being beige technically have no correlation. 

When you defeat a country cleanly in batter, with 6 immense triumphs, you get the option of occupying them. You set a certain number of ground forces as occupation forces, meaning they can not be used in other wars. You can occupy a country for up to 5 days. They can attack your occupation forces, and if they earn a certain amount of victories, they can break the occupation, but if they lose a certain number of victories, the occupation is extended. You can add a certain amount of soldiers and tanks to your occupation forces each day.

Edited by President Bob
  • Upvote 1

I'm not sure I like this.  Wars already last long enough and you can capture resources & cash along the way.  I could see huge nations occupying people forever, albeit in 5 day increments.  I see it driving more people away.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure I like this.  Wars already last long enough and you can capture resources & cash along the way.  I could see huge nations occupying people forever, albeit in 5 day increments.  I see it driving more people away.

How about you only have a 20% chance of occupying, and you can not occupy the same nation twice with a certain amount of time. That would prevent more powerful nations from simply attacking the same nation over and over and occupying them.

How about you only have a 20% chance of occupying, and you can not occupy the same nation twice with a certain amount of time. That would prevent more powerful nations from simply attacking the same nation over and over and occupying them.

I could go for it when tempered like this.  I'd like to see you being forced to wait 45 days from the END date of your occupation before you are eligible to do it again.

Edited by CzarOptima

We could also add a positive aspect of being under occupation. Perhaps the occupying nation has the option of defending the nation. If the nation is attacked, the occupation forces would be then added to the defending forces. You could even allow a nation to allow itself to be occupied in order to get assistance in attacks. Many nations do that as part of Mutual Defense Treaties. The US has all sorts of bases in Japan and Europe. You could call those authorized occupations.

We could also add a positive aspect of being under occupation. Perhaps the occupying nation has the option of defending the nation. If the nation is attacked, the occupation forces would be then added to the defending forces. You could even allow a nation to allow itself to be occupied in order to get assistance in attacks. Many nations do that as part of Mutual Defense Treaties. The US has all sorts of bases in Japan and Europe. You could call those authorized occupations.

I'm not sure I would agree with "authorized occupations".  I see larger nations pimping smaller ones to augment their income.  Huge nations with massive ground forces give X number of troops to 10 nations as an accepted occupying force drawing X% of extra resources? It would have to be thought, worked, tested, and reworked I'm sure to make it viable and fair.

Edited by CzarOptima

I'm not sure I would agree with "authorized occupations".  I see larger nations pimping smaller ones to augment their income.  Huge nations with massive ground forces give X number of troops to 10 nations as an accepted occupying force drawing X% of extra resources? It would have to be thought, worked, tested, and reworked I'm sure to make it viable and fair.

A small nation may be willing to allow themselves to be occupied for protection, giving up some revenue in exchange for the security of having a more power nation's troops supporting it's own. It happens all the time in RL.

A small nation may be willing to allow themselves to be occupied for protection, giving up some revenue in exchange for the security of having a more power nation's troops supporting it's own. It happens all the time in RL.

My point is that it needs limits as its grounds for a massive loophole for nations to gain capital at an exponential rate compared to natural growth.

Edited by CzarOptima