New Design Suggestion Thread

Ollysho

I was going to suggest stuff in the original announcement thread but I felt like it would get buried in opinions and "very good update" posts. Wasn't sure whether to make one thread for just this one suggestion or if all suggestions would just go in this one(Mods can change the topic if needed)

But basically as the screen get's smaller I would say rather than the flag occupying the entire width of the phone, it should just ben hidden. Just because I don't think it's something that's particularly important and I feel like it adds to the things we're trying to stuff onto the mobile page.

EDIT: There are a quite a few things on the mobile website that I think are a little extraneous and can be either toggle-able or just not really there at all. Realistically when people log on from mobile they generally just want to maybe check out pm's, war, trades and announcements. Maybe even buy some infra/land/improvements/military. So I just think some more visual stuff can be done away with.

Some examples:

The score breakdown: Either be toggled or just gone.

Nation Activity: This one I feel can be done away with on mobile; it adds another mini window to mistakenly scroll through and I don't think people pay too much attention to it.

Score Change: Toggle-able

Map: I think should be set to hidden

The Domestic category is something I think should automatically set to toggle-able also; since it's your nation I don't think people really care too much about their GDP/Government type when they're just taking a look throughout the day.

These suggestions are obviously just for ease of use and not really that anything is broken/isn't displaying.

Edited by Ollysho

[22:36:30]  <&CMDR_Adama>  I want to be spanked.

XglZlQC.jpg

How much of the customized stuff can be done in a mobile browser version, and how much is pushing into app territory? Can there be mobile-specific settings that determine what is displayed to the user? (I know nothing about this stuff, I'm genuinely curious)

I think what you're suggesting would have to be nation leader specific settings. So in the options page you would have a section about mobile settings.

Long story short: what you're asking for should be possible

[22:36:30]  <&CMDR_Adama>  I want to be spanked.

XglZlQC.jpg

How much of the customized stuff can be done in a mobile browser version, and how much is pushing into app territory? Can there be mobile-specific settings that determine what is displayed to the user? (I know nothing about this stuff, I'm genuinely curious)

Setting something to hidden on mobile is very easy. Just add the class hidden-xs

T7Vrilp.png

Since I'm still away might as well use this thread. On the improvements pages on cities can you either hide the images or column up that section so it's something like col-xs-3 and col-xs-9? The text is very squished. Id do something similar with the top of the nation and alliance page, either make the flag xs-12 and the text xs-12, or 3 and 9, or play with it till it looks nice. The same applies on any image next to text page, e.g. projects, military e.t.c.

T7Vrilp.png