Alliance Continent

Vincent

Currently we need to be at the same colour with our alliance's  in order to receive the colour bonus.

What about if we are in the same continent as the alliance continent? Maybe we should have some reward/advantage for it

If not then what is the purpose of stating the alliance continent ? Maybe if we are at the same continent with the alliance continent then we get an extra 1% bonus?

Edited by Vincent

I actually like this idea, because it actually gives purpose to having a headquarters. It's currently no more than a novelty to have a headquarters. More nations will want to have that bonus, which in turn makes trading more open since some resources will be rarely produced in an alliance, like say an alliance was in europe, you'll have most nations in your alliance on said continent, so there will be abundances in steel and munitions and steel, but will lack gasoline and aluminum, so they will get most of it from trading.

The only downside would be having to switch over continents. A decent amount of people already used their switch when becoming more aquired to the game. I'd suggest that we also get one continent change per 100 score aquired, but they don't stack, so switching over would be a bit easier 

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

I'm going to go against this idea for the fear of getting rid of personalization of the game. Do I just move to Europe and stay Soomaaliya because that's where Rose is supposedly HQ'd? How am I supposed to be the Captain Nao of Denmark? I feel like we would just start seeing an influx of whatever is on that continent, see clusters of nations in the same places, and if you have already moved your location, you are missing out. Also, if I've got a setup that works on Africa, why should I have to move to Europe just so I'm not at a disadvantage? What more than a novelty should an HQ be? It is just a fictional point on a map in game. There is most likely no building or place that says "_____ Alliance", because it really serves no purpose. Even realistically, this wouldn't really affect anything even if every country met in that one spot.

Edited by The Captain Nao

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

I'm going to go against this idea for the fear of getting rid of personalization of the game. Do I just move to Europe and stay Soomaaliya because that's where Rose is supposedly HQ'd? How am I supposed to be the Captain Nao of Denmark? I feel like we would just start seeing an influx of whatever is on that continent, see clusters of nations in the same places, and if you have already moved your location, you are missing out. Also, if I've got a setup that works on Africa, why should I have to move to Europe just so I'm not at a disadvantage? What more than a novelty should an HQ be? It is just a fictional point on a map in game. There is most likely no building or place that says "_____ Alliance", because it really serves no purpose. Even realistically, this wouldn't really affect anything even if every country met in tht one spot.

This. Plus the heathens who like to alliance hop would have to pay to be able to move around by their HQ.

but the purpose of continents is to have specific resources. If your alliance is all one continent, and thus all the same resources... you can't pool them.

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

I mean not all members of the alliance must be on the same continent right? Some could of course make sacrifice , give up the bonus that come along if you happen to be on the same continent with your alliance,

By doing so they can still pool the resources. I mean you cant enjoy the bonus and yet still have the variety of resources at the same time. ( You cant enjoy the best of both world, is either you have the bonus or you have other resources that those on your alliance continent don't, not both)

Plus of course an alliance can have all its members locate on the same continent but that would come with a risk , if another alliance were to embargo them, it might severely affect their access to some resources.

Edited by Vincent

Another problem with continents is they're not accurately represented. As Sheepy has stated, it's basically rectanglish over the continents so if you're in the middle'ish area you'll get that continent, but if you're on the edges you could end up with a different continent's resources

• Upvote 3

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

I like the idea of the separation.

Color is good enough for me, it allows my nations to be more personalized within my alliance - We sit on white in ESA, not everyone is on white, that is their choice. Plus the ESA is comprised of nations on earth, we are ok with those nations not sitting on the same continent as us.

• 2 weeks later...

This idea still needs more work. Imagine that all your cities run on nuclear plants. Then your forces to relocate from where you were producing tons of it to none. Then your alliance gets into a war with the only large alliance producing a good amount of uranium. You done effed up.

---Stay Beautiful My Friends---