Suggestion: Border Fortifications

Georgi Stomana

For the purpose of the game, "fortifications" would mean concrete/steel bunkers, concrete walls, tank traps, barbed wire, trenches, dug-outs, minefields (?), and everything a player can build at their border to protect against invasion. Border Fortifications would give a substantial bonus to the defender in a battle depending on how "completely" the border is fortified. For example 1% Fortification would cost 1 Steel and a certain amount of cash (just an example), and you can go all the way to 100% which means your border is completely fortified, and would give a huge benefit to the defender. Fortifications would scale upwards in cost depending on how large your target land area is.

Fortifications could be destroyed in ground attacks and airstrikes (I imagine they would be particularly vulnerable to airstrikes).

Edited by Georgi Stomana
  • Upvote 1

Democratic Republic of Koprivshtitsa (DRK; Bulgarian: Demokraticheska republika Koprivshtitsa)

Communist Party of Koprivshtitsa (CPK; Komunisticheska partiya na Koprivshtitsa (KPK))

Member-state of the Green Protection Agency

~Peace and Fraternity Between All Nations~

Interesting.

We would have to be careful with this or else the game would become WAY to defensive.

Otherwise I approve

Need to boost your income?

New country without enough funds to really get started?

Come and buy or sell stock with us!

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3840-general-stock-market/

i like this the defender should always have the advantage when it comes to being attack the just common sence. but you would defenly need to change up the numbers for fortifications 1% for 1steel and some cash seems to low if you want 100% fortifications you need to spend a pretty penny for it

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

i like this the defender should always have the advantage when it comes to being attack the just common sence. but you would defenly need to change up the numbers for fortifications 1% for 1steel and some cash seems to low if you want 100% fortifications you need to spend a pretty penny for it

In combat, the defender will not always have the advantage. Sure there the advantage of home territory, but in modern combat, that advantage has all been reduced to nothing.

All hail Irken

All hail the Tallest!

Maybe use spies to recon/find intel on defences to lower the effectiveness. and have defending spys be able to plant false info during war to reset/raise the defence back to its set amount.

Edited by Callum

HoloSig2017.png.afe1505c82cc3db09be025a9

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to the stupidity of man." - George S. Patton, Jr.

This shouldn't even be considered in a game setting post-Gunpowder Age.

Depends on the fortifications like mine fields and fenses are still used but I agree with forts and the like.