buffing the counter for nukes (in defensive war)

herr oof

Nukes are very destructive! And their counter is pretty small 25% chance of shooting down a nuke in vital defense system and espionage which cant be done for newly made nuke. this suggestion is mostly to finish off atrrition based nation who keeps nuking people in war (they are the aggresors). How should we do this? By using our airforce for counter. the counter can only happen when the country that is attacked have enough munitions and has air superiority in the war. there will be an extra 20% chance for the nuke to be shot down if there is more than 1000 aircrafts (that is the capped amount to increase their chance). Other than that, if there is both iron dome and vital defense system there will be another 10% chance to shot down a nuke thanks to an addition to defending your airspace (if your enemy have air superiority your chances to shoot down a nuke will be halved). there will also be a military action for air patrol to increase the chance to 20% in order to shoot down any missile or nuke (this action will cost 3 MP and your enemy aircrafts will take more 25% damage if are doing an airstrike just like fortifying). This will greatly reduce the number of nuke based attack (reducing pollution problem in global wars and such). fortress war tactic will also increase the chance to shoot down any missiles or nukes by 10%

Original:
Creating a counter for nukes
Nukes are very destructive! And there is barely any counter which is espionage which cant be done if its brand new. this is mostly to finish off atrrition based nation who keeps nuking people in war (they are the aggresors). How should we do this? By using our airforce for counter. the counter can only happen when the country that is attacked have enough munitions and has air superiority in the war. there will be a 50% chance for the nuke to be shot down if there is more than 1000 aircrafts (that is the capped amount of chance). Other than that, if there is iron dome there will be another 10% chance to shot down a nuke (only when you have air superiority). This will greatly reduce the number of nuke attack

this is subject to change if implemented

Edited by herr oof
i discovered something in game that already is there thus i made changes to serve the same purposes but different
  • Downvote 9

• herr oof changed the title to buffing the counter for nukes (in defensive war)

Nukes are, generally speaking, only used when traditional warfare isn't an option. These changes would fix a non-existing problem and create entirely new ones. 

Nukes are not as powerful as you may think, nor is radiation.

thalmorcommie.png

11 hours ago, Zei-Sakura Alsainn said:

There is already a project to defend against nukes - the Vital Defense System.

Dont forget about the fallout shelter

• Upvote 1

New_project.gifcf0bd5053f8f832e358f460636c6065443cf1c9a
For legal reasons any statement I make is always alleged

• Developer

Hey, thanks for the feedback! I'll put this on my list to bring up with the design team, but I don't think anything is really going to shake out. Overall, nukes are fairly well balanced and when used in warfare generally have good odds and damage, beyond which there's already projects to help mitigate some of the fallout and I don't think things should just generally be nerfed for no clear reason.

• Upvote 1

Stopped reading after you complained that the chance of blocking a nuke is "too small." Making the chance too high would simply make it pointless to launch nukes as they use 12 MAPs and a handful of resources. Why would anyone choose that option if there was a strong chance it would be blocked?

• Upvote 1

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

@Village for me this counter for making nukes much weaker and plus orbis got too much radiation soo it would give a positive effect on Orbis

and as a person who got nuked myself, i feel the radiation harshly including loss of population

also nuke are too easily owned by small nations @Jacob Knox

the suggestion i said subject to change by the developer soo the number will obviously go down or the cost for protecting to become more expensive

Edited by herr oof
  • Downvote 1

• Developer

Radiation is a core mechanic in the game, it's the primary balancing mechanism to curtail food production so it's not really something we want to be nerfing. At the moment I don't really see any reason why we should be re-evaluating nukes at the moment, they achieve all the goals they're meant to and do so fairly well, there's no way to avoid being nuked being unpleasant but that's just how the mechanic will work no matter how it gets balanced.

• Upvote 2

@Village since nukes are that destructive (intended to be that way) soo yeah. maybe a little of them would you consider with making their chance smaller (since i am bad at putting them) but i dont know

soo yeah

Edited by herr oof

• Developer
9 hours ago, herr oof said:

@Village since nukes are that destructive (intended to be that way) soo yeah. maybe a little of them would you consider with making their chance smaller (since i am bad at putting them) but i dont know

The VDS chance already got increased slightly in the last update, I don't think we have any plans, desire, or reason to add any other chance outside of the project ones.