[Treaty] 'O Fortuna

Agent W

On 12/15/2022 at 6:37 AM, Zed said:

When I wrote t$ treaties, I usually would explicitly spell out non-chaining clauses. I also prefer to spell out oA clauses, even though we have had past treaties and writers who say that any MDP has an implied oA clause.

The articles in this treaty between t$ and Eclipse, in large part, do cover what happened with Wayward.

But I remember a day, long ago, when we told an ally - hey look, there is a conflict that we do not have any business participating in. Let us not do that. Said ally then proceeds to intervene in that conflict, with little notice or warning, because of some grand plan they figured they were concocting. That led us to break the treaty, and stop the actions we were undertaking at the time. It also led to one of the greatest forum threads ever composed here.

Now imagine that happening, again, years later. I doubt other people would be thrilled by it either.

On 12/14/2022 at 10:34 PM, Hodor said:

Non-chaining has been assumed for most of PnW's existence. I am guessing they may have spelled out some of these terms explicitly as a hint to their recent affairs, but these articles don't actually cover what happened between t$ and Wayward so maybe it's just a new trend of making treaties explicit and clear? Tbh that's a trend I support.

On 12/15/2022 at 9:24 AM, Darth Ataxia said:

Spelling out treaties in detail is definitely something that needs to be more of a standard. Non-chaining especially can create some interesting scenarios.

I’m also hoping that this is possibly a move towards more AA centric stances on t$’s end though that obviously remains to be seen.

I just haven't seen nonchaining in a while. Maybe I missed a few somewhere.