The Resurrection

Jacob Knox

Direct continuation of The Tragedy of Jacob Knox and Cata

Two days after being shot by Cataclysm and presumed dead by enemy forces, Jacob sits up suddenly with a gasp. A cursory glance and the feeling of the cold, futuristic table beneath him tells him he's in the Medbay of Aurora's Mothership.

c19c9f7ab23cb2338fd3906e085b4792.jpg.ea42d046986d6d4cb6e692083b32759a.jpg

Hearing his gasp, the others gather around him. "You've been out for some time... two days, to be precise" @ToxicPepper tells him. "Well... it's not over until the fat lady sings, I suppose," he responds. @Kan0601 looks at him, puzzled, and inquires "What do you mean? Your military is practically zeroed!" Jacob's only response is a sly smile as he picks up his phone and quickly makes a few phone calls to his military leaders. Moments later his military is twice what could be manufactured or recruited in a day and they swiftly begin attacking the enemy.

7061145329_d2abdcc8e0_o_1.thumb.jpg.50341d59957680c32a025278895ac077.jpg

As he gets up, Jacob taps his head and remarks "You know... it was a brilliant idea to put metal plates around the skulls of Aurora's most important people," referring to the titanium alloy plates Aurora put around his skull when he was Head of Milcom. "Hurt like a b***h still, but I'm just lucky y'all hadn't removed it yet. Lazy bureaucrats."

download.jpg.35f49d15da1df080315b7250853fff6d.jpg

Just then, Eclipse walks into the room. Jacob quickly draws his gun and points it at them, screaming "Friend or foe!?" His encounter with Cata had clearly left a sour taste in his mouth for old friends. Eclipse chuckles as they approach, growing closer and closer until the gun is pressed against their chest as if daring him to shoot. "Friend." Jacob smiles and embraces Eclipse as he begins to reminisce on their time fighting together in Clock (again). Eclipse embraces in return, but pulls away and cuts his babbling off. "There's time for reminiscing later. I believe you have some wars to turn around. We've helped slot and bring down Cata, so your new units should meet less resistance." A hard-fought three days later, and onlookers can be the ones to determine whether the wars were turned around or not.

240362883_Screenshot(23).thumb.png.b931fe156a5f921bd247e012539512c3.png

Note: This is not meant to be a "dig" at any of my enemies. They all fought respectably, and I enjoyed fighting them. This is just a fun continuation of my flavor posts.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team