Stability update

Unifier gopnik

I suggest making an update in politics & war which would make the approval rate play a role in your nation. I got this idea after feeling like the game is a bit unrealistic. My suggestion is to make it so that the approval rate can effect the crime rate, taxes and perhaps even the military. For example, if a nation's approval rate is 0%, most of the population will not pay taxes, crime rate will increase and perhaps troops leave the military and military vehicles get sabotaged. For another example, if a nation's approval rate is 75+%, some of the population will be donating to the nation (like a voluntary increase in tax), crime rate will decrease and maybe the troops' enlistment limit becomes higher than usual.

My idea, if done, can be changed a bit as it is just a suggestion and that's all I have to say. Thank you for your attention

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

The way approval rating is calculated is completely broken in PnW. Almost no seasoned player has a positive approval rating. Even mine is 0%. So if this, and the many many other suggestions for actually using approval rating for something other than roleplay or cosmetics that have been suggested over the years, were to be implemented, then the way approval rating is calculated needs to be changed.

But, regardless, I don't really support suggestions to "actually make approval rating useful," because then it would just encourage people avoiding things that lower approval rating (i.e.: pixelhugging) and that has basically no place in this community/game.

Also, I notice that you seemingly created your Forum account with the sole intent (at least to start off) of posting this suggestion. Respectfully, I think you should've looked to see if this has been suggested before (which it has, many times) prior to posting. If I recall correctly, that is actually under the rules and/or suggestions post pinned to this subforum. But nobody ever listens to it really, so don't sweat it I suppose.

• Upvote 4

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

1 hour ago, Jacob Knox said:

Also, I notice that you seemingly created your Forum account with the sole intent (at least to start off) of posting this suggestion. Respectfully, I think you should've looked to see if this has been suggested before (which it has, many times) prior to posting. If I recall correctly, that is actually under the rules and/or suggestions post pinned to this subforum. But nobody ever listens to it really, so don't sweat it I suppose.

This is why your people dont like you. 

I would love to see mechanics around approval ratings that actually matter.

It’s better to give bonus at 100% but at 0% approval you’ll lose nothing .  If you’re at 0% approval you just won’t receive any bonus .  Let’s say every 10% approval you have  you’ll get 1% bonus for production n tax . At 100% approval you should get 10% bonus for tax and production. It make sense the happier the people the more productive they are . So , they going to work faster. 

It will make that game more challenging which make it more fun . 

Edited by Nuke test server
Idk

• 1 month later...

i had 0% as an approval rate for multiple years straight, the calculation for the approval rate is uncapped in the negative direction. so afking for too long would doom your nation for multiple in real life years.

Edited by Kevland

On 8/26/2022 at 3:22 AM, Nuke test server said:

It’s better to give bonus at 100% but at 0% approval you’ll lose nothing .  If you’re at 0% approval you just won’t receive any bonus .  Let’s say every 10% approval you have  you’ll get 1% bonus for production n tax . At 100% approval you should get 10% bonus for tax and production. It make sense the happier the people the more productive they are . So , they going to work faster. 

I have 0 clue on how I have kept 100% approval for such a long time, a welcome change if possible