Set a single Server Time for all players

Greene

I'm going under the conclusion that having server time currently -1 hour from the computer's is intentional and not a bug. Right now, my server time is 1:15 AM, but my friend who is in Scotland has his server time as 6:15 AM. This only just now became apparent as an issue since I was working out a trade agreement with another alliance, and when we got down to arranging certain time transfers, I realized that we had to go based on real-world time zones since his game time and mine are very different.

So I guess what I'm asking is, can we have a single server time, pegged on an existing time zone in the real world, that is fixed and does not change? Maybe have two times, one that is the "Global Time" aka Server Time, and one that is "Nation Time" which would be whichever timezone your nation has been placed in.

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

A little searching on Inspect Element shows this:

<script>

$("#servertime").text(moment().zone("-06:00").format("M/D h:mm a"));

</script>

Since the time is based on the client-side (i.e jQuery), it is possible that a users browser could have incorrect time..

The solution? Fetch the timestamp from the server when the page loads up, and run a script that adds a second to this stamp every second.

• Upvote 2
<Sheepy> Ah, it is Christmas this turn

<Sheepy> Sheepy-Claus is gonna be comin' down your chim-chim-chiminey

• Administrators

Flipped it from a JS script to just the server telling the datetime. Whichever part of the host is executing the cron jobs must still be on daylight savings or something, though. I'll have to look into how to fix that next.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link