[RON Exclusive] What Do You Need To Start A Successful Alliance?

darkblade

19 hours ago, zigbigadorlou said:

This honestly deserves its own thread. The culture has shifted away from complete condemnation of poaching, and a lot of people have different opinions on it...however everyone has to agree it has been historically used as a CB quite commonly. 

I literally cannot think of a single war in this game's history that started due to poaching issues.

Also, sidenote, it's only "poaching" if both parties agree.  You can't steal members that are already willing to leave an alliance to join another.  That's one of the reasons why I think the term "poaching" is stupid.  If I ask someone to come join me in creating an alliance, and they agree to do so, they willingly accepted it on their own.  No one alliance owns the individual player.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

On 2/24/2022 at 4:30 PM, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

After that, I would recommend going in with a plan of how you want to run things and dont compromise on it, its easier to meet a goal if everyone in your new alliance is aligned, if they aren't get rid of them.  If you have a plan and you know what you want to do, things like Econ, IA, Military should come into focus pretty quick.

Again, we share common ground here. I hope everyone desiring to begin an alliance will take the time to learn the game and make a plan with support from others experienced in the game. I think we had a disagreement early on here about my desire to change the alliance culture, this is core belief of mine that alliance leaders must be knowledgable of both in-game mechanics and political sphere of OWF and Discord.

On 2/25/2022 at 2:38 AM, Buorhann said:

Poach away my friends

This is something that should occur often, people should want to go do their own thing and get their in-game objectives met. I think this environment we have made were poaching is bad has helped create the stagnation I so want to see end (by no means do I mean alliances should not fight to keep their members and gov).

Good write up @darkbladeI hope players of Orbis will heed these words and push for their voices to be heard. We must make sure the new generation of players, the ones that don't leave Discord, hear these words.

• Like 1

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.