The Problem with Ronny's META™ (Poll included)

J Kell

Are Orbis' Politics Stagnate?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Are Orbis' Politics Stagnate?

On 2/17/2022 at 8:41 PM, J Kell said:

That is not and has not been what I or anyone else has been advocating for. 

This is what we are advocating for

1753953474_ScreenShot2022-02-17at10_42_39PM.thumb.png.8acea822d0866bb8b583a9491c5f99ab.png

I'm revisiting this thread.  I've had some thoughts about this, but I'm also going to address this poll/topic with one simple little idea.

Do it.

Change the game.  Form an alliance or a web of treaties with other alliances, and do it.  Polls aren't going to do it.  Begging other leaders to do something that YOU (Or rather, 50-70 players according to these votes) want them to do, that won't do it either.  Making posts like this isn't going to do it either.

You have to step up and show that you're willing to do it on your own and that it's viable for others to follow.

When I promoted smaller spheres separated into their own little corners of the treaty web without any ties, I had to work at it.  I begged and pleaded.  There's several old posts of mine that shows that.  When I saw that wasn't going to work, me and my alliance members stepped up to show it could be done, and that you could remain very relevant in the grand scheme of politics in this game.  It wasn't easy.  I pissed off a lot of people and surprisingly we didn't get rolled 24/7, but we also pulled our weight in just about every conflict we participated in.  We also held a big voice in the backroom politics too.  Just gotta know your limits and play around it.

One thing I didn't budge on though was aggressive peace terms, unless they were joke/flavorful terms.  I've seen how aggressive terms just destroys the game and the community of alliances.  When I joined the game back in...  2015 (2014?), terms back then were pretty bad during the times they occurred.  Lots of payments, lots of "containment" type stuff, etc.  Players just quit from those.  It's not healthy.  Now are there situations where you should do aggressive terms?  Sure.

As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, if I were in your shoes - I'd be messaging every single one of those players who supported your views on your polls and ask them to join you in an alliance and help try to promote your ideals.  If they're a leader of an alliance, ask them to make a treaty tie with yours.

I "retired" a few years ago to hopefully see new players step up and reform the game into something they want.  Let me see what you got.

• Like 1