My thoughts on bots and a plea to blanket ban all third party automation and develop the tools inhouse

Mars

I think a lot of tools do provide a great resource for dozens of members. Just because you or Arrgh don't like to use them doesn't mean others don't use those resources.

Idk about you, but I'd say managing 80+ members - or in the case of TI/TKR/Rose 180+ - is quite time consuming. A lot of the tools we use in BK just save a ton of time and effort. We don't have to sit there and check the control panel to see warchests, we don't have to open 50 tabs to manage offshoring, we don't have to bother managing taxes and grey's. It's just automatic.

I agree with you on the point of recruiting. New nations get spammed with literally 50+ messages, and even when large nations move alliances they get one or 2 messages. However I think that's also an effective way to get new players to join alliances, cuz let's be honest, if they don't then they won't play for very long.

Not to mention, there's been hours upon hours and in some instances hundreds of dollars pumped into building tech for this game. Some of the stuff that's been created is arguably more sophisticated than the game itself.

Peace in our time

i dont think you guys understand the difference between having tools developed inhouse, having tools developed by third parties and not having those tools at all. ponder that for a bit and then try reading the thread name again.

Edited by Mars
  • Upvote 1

Throw me to the wolves and I’ll return leading the pack.

On 3/18/2022 at 6:56 PM, Mars said:

i dont think you guys understand the difference between having tools developed inhouse, having tools developed by third parties and not having those tools at all. ponder that for a bit and then try reading the thread name again.

as well reread the thread

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2022 at 9:46 PM, Bunyip said:

. Back in the day, Lordaeron would manually type recruitment messages tailored to the new nation in question and it allowed for some of the fastest membership growth out of any alliance because everyone else was just botting, doing what everyone else did, playing the meta, doing what was easy and convenient et cetera

When I first started playing around 2015/2016 I joined Lord for that very reason. Spotting active players that are still in beige and are actually growing their nation is probably the best way to find somewhat competent new players.