The Maps

Col William Aldridge

This is Orbis, round 2 or whatever, but it is not Earth. So would there be a way for you program/give an option to turn the Earth borders off? I believe that would add more to the game because the players/nations would develop their own cultures in those areas.

Edited by ColWilliam
  • Upvote 1

"I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders."

-Col William Aldridge

HrSSKkA.jpg?1

• Administrators

This is Orbis, round 2 or whatever, but it is not Earth. So would there be a way for you program/give an option to turn the Earth borders off? I believe that would add more to the game because the players/nations would develop their own cultures in those areas.

With the current script that we're using, no, it isn't an option. I wish it was, and it was something I pursued when I added the maps, but I also feel like it helps players get more of an idea of where their (fictional) nation is in relation to real world nations.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

while we have a thread for this

sheepy: do you have the ability to update what the borders are? like what happens if south sudan gets rolled and becomes sudan again?

Edited by Hereno

• Administrators

while we have a thread for this

sheepy: do you have the ability to update what the borders are? like what happens if south sudan gets rolled and becomes sudan again?

No, not unless the guy who created the jVectorMap script releases an updated World Map.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• 1 month later...

No, not unless the guy who created the jVectorMap script releases an updated World Map.

If this isn't considered gravedigging, I can toss in my two cents.

In the jVectorMap API, there is an option to change the border thickness/color via CSS. Simply change the border colour to the colour of the map background. I've used this API in a few of my projects for college.

• Upvote 1
<Sheepy> Ah, it is Christmas this turn

<Sheepy> Sheepy-Claus is gonna be comin' down your chim-chim-chiminey