Buying off the market directly with an alliance bank

ODanny

The problem I'd have with this is that it removes a significant layer of risk for the player.

Bulk deals are often done directly bank-to-bank or via discord coordination for a similar reason. There is risk associated with having the resources on your nation. There is effectively no risk when it's in your alliance bank.

Example:

Nation gets blockaded on the initial blitz of a raid - resources stuck unless it can get out of blockade.

Alliance gets raided - it takes 1.5-2 full days of perfect attacks to beige and by that time the bank is long gone.

10 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

I think @Alex has been against this idea due to issues with funneling cheated cash/resources. But I'm not 100% on that thus why I pinged him. If you wouldn't mind weighing in Alex. 

Why would this problem not exist by nation to nation trades?

9 hours ago, Rockefeller said:

The problem I'd have with this is that it removes a significant layer of risk for the player.

Bulk deals are often done directly bank-to-bank or via discord coordination for a similar reason. There is risk associated with having the resources on your nation. There is effectively no risk when it's in your alliance bank.

Example:

Nation gets blockaded on the initial blitz of a raid - resources stuck unless it can get out of blockade.

Alliance gets raided - it takes 1.5-2 full days of perfect attacks to beige and by that time the bank is long gone.

Huge trades happen already, its very rarehuge trades get raided (succesfully). They already often use alliance Banks.

• Administrators

It would probably be slightly more convenient, but a significant coding change. Ultimately, I think development time is better spent on other tasks.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link