New Resource Idea

Sam

Hi all,

I had an idea for a new resource which I think would benefit the politics part (and war maybe) of P&W.

My idea is to have the resource... WATER

It gets complex though. Water is to be consumed by your population thus the more people more water used. Say 50,000 people need 10 tonnes of water a day. If there is no water to things could happen (My suggestion would be the latter) firstly your population could slowly die off until you get more water then they would come back. Secondly and I think is better you only collect half the tax until you have water.

Each continent rains different amounts at different times. Each month every continent would get the same but at different times you might get heaps one day then no rain for a week. The amount collected should be the rain per sq mile times number of sq miles owned. Water could then like any other resource be traded. If everyone was careful then water price would stay low. If some people sold it all when the got it then had little rain for a week they would pay mega bucks to get there tax back.  

You could even get really tricky and have a weather forecast for each continent but it would not be 100% accurate.

So yeah there's a quick summary I could explain in more depth if there are questions.

Omg this would make things very interesting. I winder what would cost more: water or food...

Wouldn't that mean like northern Africa and southeast Asia would import a lot or is it by continent

Omg this would make things very interesting. I winder what would cost more: water or food...

Wouldn't that mean like northern Africa and southeast Asia would import a lot or is it by continent

Its probably got to be fair each continent having the same amount of a period of time. Just comes at different times at different rates.

Africa has no water and cant trade it for realism! xD

But no... Water.... if its about new ressources, go with "consumer goods" and the related factory, to satisfy the value called "trade".

Edited by Wilhelm II
  • Upvote 1

I like this idea! Could there be limits based on how many water tanks you own? Or perhaps your farms produce double food when it rains?

That would kinda just make it food. I was thinking more something everyone just gets for free but something that comes at a rate where u would basically use it all in the long run. That way if you sell your water u may need to buy some later. 

No

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

No but its not something u need buildings to collect. Its just literally today I got 20 tons tomorrow I have 2 and if I sold yesterdays water coz I rained heaps then I'm going to need to buy some now.

I think waters price will fluctuate so much and then people can start buying and selling for the purpose of making money off others desperation.

Basically it's like food, but it's consumed much faster and produced less. No.

edit: speling

Edited by Bilal the Great

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

Basically it's like food, but it's consumed much faster and produced less. No.

edit: speling

Well the rate of production is extremely inconstant and unpredictable. So very hard to trade. Food you can plan ahead knowing how much you need and how much you can sell. Water you may get a lot you may get none. 

Well the rate of production is extremely inconstant and unpredictable. So very hard to trade. Food you can plan ahead knowing how much you need and how much you can sell. Water you may get a lot you may get none. 

If it's hard to trade, then people in Africa is going to be in huge disadvantage. While people in Asia, especially in the humid southeast is (literally) flooded in water.

I'm against this idea because of unbalance.

Edited by Bilal the Great

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

If it's hard to trade, then people in Africa is going to be in huge disadvantage. While people in Asia, especially in the humid southeast is (literally) flooded in water.

OMG WILL YOU PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU MAKE STUPID COMMENTS!!! 

each continent would recive the same amount each month. However it would come at different times. Say Asia it rains 300 tonnes in two days then no water for three weeks. USA would rain 10 tonnes a day for 30 days. 

Does that make sense

Did u seriously think its going to be on real world weather?

• 2 weeks later...

This is a nice idea but it would make the game very frustrating and impossible in later stages. It also wouldn't keep up with growing nations because as a nation's population grows and the demand for water increases, the production of water will still be the same. The difference with food is that as population grows you can just buy more farms or land to keep up with the growing population.

105px-Coat_of_Arms_of_the_Polish_Crown.s

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!